Shoot alien with a gun

>Shoot alien with a gun
>It's barely affected and instakills you
Yikes, what were they thinking?

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaieee.png (1278x873, 1.21M)

>remember how in alien how the alien has to hunt by its almost humanlike cunning because it can get blasted straight through by a pneumatic grappble gun? Well what if we made a game where the alien hunts by charging down hallways towards people with actual guns because its bulletproof
They didnt understand the movie, or they put gameplay mechanics ahead and needed to keep the multiple aliens thing a secret

>or they put gameplay mechanics ahead
this and there's nothing wrong with that. making a game like this but the main antagonist dies if you shoot it once or twice would be retarded.

It's survival horror

I'm pretty sure in the first movie the alien was much more resilient, I mean in the end the guy gets fried by a spaceship motor and launched into space and didn't show any damage, and the concept of it transforming it's victims into eggs, or the fact it transforms from a little snake into a 3 meters beast made that thing basically magic.
It was in Aliens where it was converted into just an animal.

>it transforms from a little snake into a 3 meters beast
In hours and after eating... One cat? Iirc
I forgot to add that.

the alien in the original alien is basically immune to small arms fire and can survive in any environment, it's just scared of fire. In Aliens you have soldiers with military weapons which is why they're able to mow them down.

>"Lieutenant, what do those Pulse Rifles fire?"
>"10 millimeter explosive-tip caseless. Standard light armor-piercing round, why?"

>let’s make a survival horror game with a creature who skulks silently behind the player with no warning and them kills them instantly from behind
Sounds like a shitty game user.

>I'm pretty sure in the first movie the alien was much more resilient, I
It literally get blasted straight through by a pneumatic grapple gun. The whole reason it has acid blood is cause Ron Shussett needed a reason the truckers didnt just shoot it early on.

Why they don't shoot it later remains a mystery, but probably because its ultimately still just a slasher film

They were thinking "let's be based and ignore the weak shitty aliens in Aliens and make a gigapredator alien like in Alien."

Jonsey lives bitch. Big chap grew up big and strong because he broke into the Nostromos Wheetabix storage locker

>the alien in the original alien is basically immune to small arms fire
Lol no, this is apocryphal nonsense and contrary to the core intent of the film where Shusett wanted to write a slasher film that didnt follow the bulletproof monster trope of horror films of the era, and instead wanted a monster that killed through cunning

they never test its resilience although Ripley easily shouts and wounds it with a harpoon. the only reason they don't shoot it earlier is the acid blood, it's super acid in the first movie and was nerfed in every subsequent film. they have a whole conversation about this in Alien.

>"the ai is super advanced"
>walk right behind alien
>never notices me

Attached: 1534014544366.jpg (720x461, 69.94K)

no one cares about Shusett

But Vasquez and Gorman are able to take down aliens with regular handguns. Amanda has access to a shotgun and at the most, it just stumbles it or scares it off for even less time than the flamethrower.

>blasts clean through the alien in you're path
so bulletproof

Attached: Alien_15.jpg (1280x544, 210.63K)

>he doesn't know

They don’t shoot it later because it’s a 7 foot blood bag of a substance that only needed about a tablespoon to melt through 4 ship hulls. The biggest nerf Alien got in the continuity is the strength of its acid blood. If it gets on a humans center mass there should be absolutely no saving them, unlike in Aliens

That's not a bullet, silly.

Yeah I remember that part in Alien where the monster walked around the hallway in plain view making tons of noise like a big stompy retard, and people thwarted it by ducking behind a table

Tough shit he wrote the story and was executive producer for Alien and you're an user on a Tibetan goatherding forum, so I'm sticking with his opinion on the matter, not yours

>Play on Normal
>Alien is braindead
>Play on Hard
>Alien teleports and can detect you at random
I've found that there's no middle ground

>ultimate lifeform
>dies to conventional gunfire and aliens with spears

the gun didnt kill it you retard

why doesn't the acid blood melt the grapple hook

This dude is kinda OP, what's the point of a Queen if the drones can also make eggs from people? Pretty redundant.

Yeah but when they're down to 3, think they might just take their chances and blast the alien before running to the escape shuttle. Not much to lose at that point.
Dont say they don't have guns cause Dallas talks about handing them out before going on the derelict, and you can see one in the directors cut

Also the only time someone gets sprayed with acid center mass in aliens, they die. Hicks survives but he only gets a little on his armored cgestplate which is a bit more believable

>2022 people still don't realise the "eggs" are the aliens

I meant other cat, but in any case the point is how quickly the alien grew and with no shown food to get the mass and energy from.
>Bitch
You need to stop wasting your life shitposting in Any Forums, you are becoming more of a nigger with every passing day.

To give it some credit, now that Prometheus has been forcibly made canon there’s no strict evolutionary path Aliens have to take. They have a constantly diverging evolution more similar to a species wide “the thing” style mutation than an ant colony.

Not the point, dumbshit. If that clumsy grapple hook can blast through it, then any bullet should have no problem given their vastly smaller contact area and greater velocity, and unless you want to tell me its basically an undead zombie, I cant believe that once it has a few bulletholes in it it's time is short or at the least its going to be injured

>Also the only time someone gets sprayed with acid center mass in aliens, they die. Hicks survives but he only gets a little on his armored cgestplate which is a bit more believable

Fair point, it’s been a while since I saw aliens. I should have just said “later movies”

>Hicks survives but he only gets a little on his armored chestplate which is a bit more believable

Considering body armor is likely made out of different material to ship hulls (could be some sort of composite armor made of several materials) I don't find it hard to believe at all. There could be a layer of plastic or something which the acid just doesn't react with.

In the original they didn't want to injure it because its acid blood would likely cause a hull breech. I don't remember if they ever actually engaged the alien with small arms.

Yes it is just shitpisting, good job. Did wheatabix give me away? There’s no reasonable answer. lighten up, bitch.

you are retarded and didnt get the movie the grapple didn't kill and nothing could on the ship thats why they shot it out into space and it was still alive. Its physiology is completely different to a humans shooting it isn't going to necessarily kill it, it will just shrug it off.

No it's not. The reason they don't try and shoot it is because they don't want it's blood to eat through the hull and kill them all. They make a pretty salient point about this.
>Helluva defence mechanism -- you don't dare kill it.
Did you sleep through the fucking film?

Different metal than the milder steel (or whatever space metal) hull. Plated for corrosion resistance, different tougher makeup since its shape and purpose might put a lot more stress than a floor grate or hull plate Acids don't react with all materials the same, can also explain why it seems less virulent when it gets on humans in later films (though we never see that in Alien, nor does the alien bleed in alien past the facehugger stage, so the acid might get weaker in different lifecycle phases)