How do I actually commit to a game?

Every single time I acquire a game, even if it appeals to me I only play it for an hour at a time and I don't pick it up for 6 months. Thank God I pirate or else I would be down $1000 a month, no joke.

Attached: mental illness.png (444x409, 354.08K)

You're too advanced for games. Read a book.

I already do, but I read fiction books such as World War Z and Game of Thrones.

Who cares, you don't finish anything. I hate that backlog shit. Play what you like and then move on

Stop CONSOOM then

Maybe so, but the main reason why I play games is to live vicariously through either my player character or through NPCs. About 3 months ago, the game that I was playing was Sengoku Rance, now it is Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead.

mayb u are just in mood for short-story type of gayme? Read Borges perhaps, and find gayme like this

I know a guy with cataracts like Borges so I will read his stuff on that basis.

Typically I will either force myself to beat a game or decide once and for all that it sucks and I'm done with it. This is probably not a great way to engage with a medium but fuck it some games are way too long

>Not granting me the Nobel Prize has become a Scandinavian tradition; since I was born they have not been granting it to me
pretty based for the mid 1900s

Yeah. We as the consumer are king and we can filter the shit from the gold nuggets. Still, there is a weird sense of accomplishment when you complete a long and shitty game though.

You don't actually like those games, if you did you would want to play them.

I literally have about 42 games in backlog right now.
The latest victims being
>digimon survive (played 6 hours, the visual novel shit was boring me to death)
>stray (installed and just never played)
>roller coaster tycoon (completed like 3 stages but never continued after that)
>neon white (got to chapter 3 and just never continued)
>xenoblade 3 (barely got anywhere, the entire party changed their clothes was last thing I remember)
>played on a friend's modded minecraft server logged in 3 times and never bothered to log back in
>about to buy cult of the lamb seems fun (inb4 dropped)

WHY IS THIS LIKE THIS WHY CAN'T I FINISH ANYTHING

Attached: 1647248045858.jpg (270x270, 11.3K)

Beating a game out of sheer spite can be a very cathartic experience. Probably not a great time investment though

True, but once you're in the shit, you need closure and you will get that closure once you've completed the shitty game.

Ignore achievements

It is a verifiable fact most people don't complete video games. You're normal.

>played and finished Gunvolt 1
>played through Gunvolt 2 but got filtered by the boss refights
>started playing through Copen's side and am having fun again
>still have LAiX downloaded to get through
>hear mixed things on LAiX 2 and GV3 but I still want to play them eventually
Free me from my mediocrity and indecision.

Attached: 1630376579722.jpg (720x447, 98.29K)

Start by playing shorter games. Some of my favorites are under 15 hours long.

stop being a zoomer

choices paralazyse uninstall all games but one