This is the superior monster catching/training RPG franchise

This is the superior monster catching/training RPG franchise.

Attached: 3144_front.jpg (640x641, 85.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4K0Q2ts9mOM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

true but stop posting it, i dont want normalniggers to latch on

Don't worry, that would require us getting another English release.

I'm going to be frank, I prefer the remake on the 3DS to the GBC version

Amazing game, the GBC and PSX versions are the best. The 3DS remake is alright, but the joker formula isn't as good as the classic IMO. DWM was the perfect monster taming formula.

There's no need to gatekeep a dead game. I would love a revival of this classic style.

>gatekeeping a 20 year old game

Attached: 1654348805856.png (520x767, 87.1K)

It seems like you'll be getting something reminiscent of it in DQ Treasures.

there was psx remake :O
youtube.com/watch?v=4K0Q2ts9mOM

Attached: SHIIEET.jpg (490x490, 15.06K)

My reaction to playing my buddy's copy
>Oh wow you can combine monsters? Let's try it
>This looks nothing like either monster
>Look up on GameFAQs, the breeding selling point is basically random
Good premise, oversold a feature that wasn't fleshed out.

Attached: 1659704513879.jpg (600x450, 205.19K)

That's literally the only reason to gatekeep it is that it's 20 years old you dumb cunt

every monster pictured looks like absolute shit, pass.

and the translation will never get fucking finished

Have a link?

>Look up on GameFAQs, the breeding selling point is basically random
This is completely false.

It's been 2 decades, forgive me. I remember it would either clone one of the parents or pull a seemingly unrelated monster. Felt jank, the game didn't elaborate. You either are a FAQ slave or take unrealistic amounts of trial and error (unrealistic since the game isn't fun enough to play that long)

This desu
To make things worse, at least in the original game, you don't get much of a preview of what you're getting in terms of stats or appearance, I believe all you get is the name of the monster? Which you would then have to look up on a guide unless you're already an expert in the game. This turned me off because I always felt like I was in constant danger of fucking up and getting something shitty, wasting hours of grinding.

Think the 3DS has a more modern interface and you can always know exactly what you're gonna get, but then again that remake has problems of its own. Maybe it's just me, but it feels like they toned down the difficulty a lot to the point that it doesn't matter that much which monsters you pick.

Base stats of the offspring are literally the stats of the parent monsters added together divided by four plus the generation number.

It would only clone one of the parents if either parents are from the same family. Two different families will always produce a new monster. New monster gets the parents stats and will be able to learn all of the parents skills. With each breeding at lvl thresholds, the new monster gains better stat growth. Although the new monster starts at lvl 1 again, it's potential is better than the parents because it obtains the stats and skills from both parents. Skills can also combine and merge to have better skills.

This game can lead to true autism for minmax but can easily be beat just normally playing.

Attached: DWM_-_Guidebook_V1_2x.png (624x904, 259.18K)

>get DWM2 Conk's Adventtuee for 11th birthday
hmm, this game looks okay, let's keep on playing
>plays like Pokemon but better
>dat music
>3 on 3 teams
>tons of spells and abilities they can learn
>breeding creates new monsters and they get stronger and can retain previous abilities
And that is how I got in DQ in general after playing that during the summer. So glad I did because it's one of my favorite series out there

Cobi's*
Fucking phone

thoughts on Caravan Heart?

>This game can lead to true autism for minmax but can easily be beat just normally playing.
The final area is aids if you don't make something decent by then. Whip birds were completely busted.

I don't disagree but the remakes are better

Its great but the post game is retardedly grindy. I would suggest using EXP cheats at that point.