I don't get the appeal

I don't get the appeal

Attached: co4a29.jpg (528x704, 35.83K)

if seeing a 1 stats character gradually go from getting bullied by goats to soloing living legends while traversing that alien setting doesn't activate your almonds, it's just not a game for you

Attached: boney.jpg (1105x1280, 235.29K)

i do

You just described every rpg literally ever made

Wow goddamn fucking shit, its been a week without sleep because I was so worried and wondering about what was your retarded opinion, fucking thank you lardo

Attached: 19345871203.gif (498x494, 2.56M)

they tend to have major plots to carry you along. kenshi only has the grind and exploration

Exploration in Kenshi is finding yet another outpost filled with yet more replaceable NPCs whose only interactions are attacking, recruiting and trading.

Feels worse than if I were playing single player Runescape, which already sounds tedious as shit.

filtered

lmfao

reading the books and piecing together some lore as you cross biomes and encounter stuff like Obedience, the Eye, hive queens, see what isolated robots think of the shek and so on makes the exploration interesting

That's all well and good, but that describes a shit ton of RPGs that have actual NPC interaction as well.

>Dude the game isn't shallow and boring... there is LE BIG LORE

Rags to Riches. Sandbox. No real "quests" but still plenty to do. Memes, you can start with a 5 man squad and just Ginyu around a wasteland with martial arts, kicking people's limbs off.

Kenshi requires a level of personal autism where you can roleplay with yourself and make your own story. It's a true sandbox in that there's very little dialogue and no real direction, it's about whether or not you can extrapolate the happenings into your own narrative.

I feel like I already do that in most RPGs, but here what can I even roleplay as? Serial killer? Serial trader? Miner? Base builder? In most RPGs, everything else has personality and you are the "silent" guy that has to imbue specific personality and motivations in. In this game, you have to imbue it in fucking everyone. It's a game devoid of soul in the most literal sense.

I wouldn't call it the best thing since sliced bread, but it's basically got the same appeal as Mount & Blade.

>[Deleted] Anonymous 08/08/22(Mon)18:38:55 No.608379263
>J

Attached: 1659687534035.png (843x1274, 292.12K)

This game tricked me. Everyone and the game told me you can play solo as one character but it all spirled into me forming a faction. Make one guy start with "at the bottom" start ( the true new player start). Got captured by slavers. Spend a month trying to excape. Manage some how with 2 other dudes. One dies in the desert by buggs. 2 of us that survived proceed to go on a epic adventure of getting rich... we mine copper. Too slow. Buy mule thing. Too slow. Recruit some dudes. We need a storage. Build it. Get our storage(base) raided. Rub away with only one persoj dying in the raid. Buying more peoplebto protect the storage eith the copper we saved. Storage becomes a base with walls and guard posts. Get more people grow bigger. Nees gear for new soldiers, finding it is inefitcient. Higher people to learn to craft. Got soldiers armed to the teeth and good armor. Start raiding, get exploring all while my basr makes it all possible. Is this what retirement feels like?

All in all, I dont see how you can play this game with one character.

Attached: 1657534990066.png (1920x1080, 2.3M)

In my experience, the best games to do that are stuff like Rimworld, Crusader Kings II, Endless Space, etc.
Kenshi just feels barebones.

Kenshi is conceptually my perfect game, but in execution it's a boring slog that doesn't really offer a sandbox game's worth of player agency. I have about 100 hours in it across ~6 different attempts to enjoy it, and have yet to figure out how.

The world design just doesn't interest me at all. I'm not interested in the factions or species there's just nothing that appealing to make me play the first 100 hours of grinding.