Why does everyone say this game is sad?

Why does everyone say this game is sad?
I'm on the final boss and haven't felt anything except for occasional anger.

Attached: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (220x284, 25.29K)

the audience is faggots

they watch vaatifaggots video and then play the game with a guide. theyre on a themepark ride thats telling them how to feel. i played DS on release and it was just a cool action rpg with a nonsensical story.

Based.

you gotta read descriptions and connect the dots. or don't, and just enjoy a satisfying action game.

It's sad because every human or undead character you talk to can and does die pitifully and permanently. The game world gets more dead as you play.

this was done before and way better in shadow tower

Attached: shadow-tower-button-1641350805542.jpg (1024x1024, 177.54K)

Come up outside Ocierus? Boss room in DS3. Bunch of faggy signs like tears and sadness. Beat the boss by rolling around and spamming R1 like all the others. He's just saying nonsense the whole time about ocelot I don't know. Nothing makes any sense. I'm not sad. They all watched a youtube lore video that told them they're supposed to be sad. fromdrones everyone..

It's a dying pointless cyclical world where nothing really matters in the end and either outcome sucks no matter how hard you try. Just like real life.

Lorelet cant read

souls audience are faggots

Attached: 165808135974961.png (1220x867, 131.33K)

>cool action rpg with a nonsensical story.
this kek

these are all mechanics based games which don't rub hours of jrpg cutscenes, long ass dialogue and a gorillion characters in your face and let you just dodgeroll and hack and slash and have fun with the option to read all the item descriptions or watch some youtube loredump at your own discretion, always one of my favorite things about the series.

gotta say I really like that you can read up on the plot at your own convenience, and that there actually *is* some backstory versus some pure mechanics based roguelike, yet you can basically play the game when you want to without being seriously interrupted by plot stuff... like ever

You're soulless then.
The world itself is sad. You're in a time far after the end of the world, 'post apocalyptic' if you will but not in the usual madmax or SMT way, this is just.. melancholic, all the desolation. The hollows you're killing used to be people that lost all reason long ago, YOU are one of those hollows and you ocassionaly meet others trying to hold onto sanity by having a goal but they'll lose it as you advance the story.
You're killing kings, gods and heroes long gone mad that were supposed to be the saviors to stop the apocalypse in the past.

Hollows basically embody depression. And your goal isn't exactly to save the world... it's to either keep it as it is, or put an end to it.
While I'm also angry 99% of the time, these are all things you easily see while playing and that gets a solid
>Damn...
from me.

Attached: 1659339970957818.jpg (1024x785, 50.27K)

Not about to defend this overrated trash but there are some sad moments, more than most games.

>some sad moments
lel. the whole game is an allegory for depression. dark souls 1 was a true piece of art, not like what the series has become with elden ring. while elden ring is a good game, at this point the series has become formulaic regurgitation and elden ring is not a piece of art the way dark souls 1 is.

because zanzibart

bazinga

Because the game is spent in the decaying edifice of the old worls systematically killing the gods who gave rise to the current era because they have become corrupted.
Meanwhile you bump into handfuls of people separated by gulfs of time and space who slowly go mad and lose their will to live in the face of the odds.
It is definitely a somber tone.
I think the explicit design of levels and bosses was to make them sad and tragic.

>The game world gets more dead as you play.
But I only get more buddies on the firelink shrine as I advance through the game?

It's because you're playing the Golden Route in which no one dies.

Okay this is interesting, the game has branching points? I'm on my first playthrough and I just killed some ice dragon

Keep playing. The only NPC who survives to not go hollow is solair if you stop him from getting chaosbugged.
The only other person you can save from going hollow by completing their quest is rhea if you get her out of the tomb of the giants and kill bowl-cut at firelink.
Everyone else goes hollow if you complete their quests. Mayby onionbros daughter if you want to count her.