What is it about DMC4 that looks so good to this day? And why did 5 look so bad...

What is it about DMC4 that looks so good to this day? And why did 5 look so bad? Is it the facescan and the lacks of colors?
Also, DMC thread

Attached: 1659900048543.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

5 just had too muted a color palette in most (not all) levels while 4 was much more saturated. The only bad face scan was Trish.

>The only bad face scan was Trish.
Dante Vergil and Nero all looked better in 4 though?

DMC4 had pretty good visuals but the settings fucking SUUUUUUCKED. They all feel like boring sonic levels to me

>lack of colors
Mother fucker this is 30 shades of brown and one shade of blue

yeh, isn't it kino?

This. But I think 4 benefitted from just going full Soul Calibur with the character models instead of face scans. Still the best Trish.

Attached: d1e94e172144f5a4563379ac4d809e6a.jpg (435x725, 36.96K)

I can't say I agree. Dante without the stubble from being in a coma looked great, but you only see that in a handful of scenes. Nero's design in 5 is also better. My main issue is that Vergil no longer looks like Dante's twin; having a different face model from Dante AND needing a larger chin to match Dan's mocap makes him no longer look like Dante at all. Even in 4 I could've believed they were twins even if it wasn't the same model like in 3.

>Dante Vergil and Nero all looked better in 4 though?
Cool story bob. Especially 4Vergil who looked like JUST version of Nero

I really hate her bangs in 4 and I don't know why. Her best look is in MvC3, both default & Gloria.

Nice try faggot, 5 Vergil literally looks like a JUST'd version of 3Vergil

t. retard who uses cgi art as argument in defense of 3Vergil

I'm on my fourth DMC play attempt, first time I got past the jester knight.
did I imagine getting a shotty sidearm previously? I don't remember doing anything different but I didn't find a shotty.

Did you watch the let's play I linked?

huh?

DMC4 was the last DMC game with soul. It's the superior game despite being 50% complete.

>Soul
Ah yes pushing gyroblade in a bland lifeless castle is just sovl overload

I get the hate for Trish and Vergil, but how can you hate Nero's new face? It looked infinitely better. Dante was fine too, they kinda went overboard making him look like a hobo with yellow teeth. Lady was a step in the right direction in 5, but I wasn't a fan of her chin shape. Otherwise I liked what they changed.

RE Engine is fucking garbage particularly for photoscaned characters and the post fx are so heavy they remove all colors, even Rise looks dull while World didn't.

I agree I hate her bangs as well, but you gotta admit MvC3 didn't do anything to make her look any different from every other blonde haired fighter in existence. Could have been fixed had they spent a bit more time on her face.

Attached: E2-siiIXwAEFmGA.jpg large.jpg (1270x782, 154.64K)

Vergil in the hood

4 looks like 1 and 3 just with more polygons, while 5 looks like every RE Engine game

>tfw high level combo artists mock DMCV-trannies
Based!

Attached: comboartist.png (597x395, 118.82K)

Attached: twitter-cunts-keyed.png (640x635, 237.95K)

dmc4 was one of the earliest 360/ps3 games so it got in before the brownanbloom curse and just looks like a ps2 game with better graphics (i.e. peak aesthetics) and it aged better than 99% of games from that gen

the reboot actually looks alright too, especially the demon world parts

Same reason why DMC3 still looks really good. Because the emphasis was on clean visuals instead of showering the screen with a trillion particle effects.

>nigger is buckbroken by glitch removal
LOL