So now that EVO's over, what's your excuse for not playing fighting games?

So now that EVO's over, what's your excuse for not playing fighting games?

Attached: Evo_Championship_Series_Logo.png (315x316, 50.55K)

I do play them. Didn't watch any of EVO though. Fuck that tranny shit

None of my friends enjoy playing them and just by myself I don't have the drive to play. Fighting against faceless online warriors is not fun.

I do play them, I just haven't bothered watching EVO ever since the finals days of USF4, now it is just unfun garbage.

Attached: 9fca646fcf4bceffb23b774f9485afd020288f52.png (1684x1191, 814.4K)

pee pee

Fighting games are for niggers, trannys and pedophiles.

You missed a lot of good matches.
Go to your local.

>Fighting games are for niggers, trannys and pedophiles.
So video games in general?

Get fucked, transphobe. Gaming has never been your hobby.

>what's your excuse for not wasting your time?

Im sad evo is over
it was pretty good despite the ads

Simple. I've played them for longer than most of Any Forums has been alive and my locals dried up. The games only interests me in a face-to-face setting, and I'm in my late 30s and not travelling for a day to play weeklies

dead genre

Literally all games

I only play Tekken and the netcode is dogshit.

i want to get back into them
either try and learn CF again or try MBTL again once the new update is out

Attached: security dog.jpg (828x1003, 587.77K)

>You missed a lot of good matches.
i can always watch those on youtube if the need ever arises. it sure beats having to watch a bunch of shitty matches and sponsor talks for multiple hours during multiple days.

Attached: FX9gPAkUcAIVs8M.jpg (1552x2048, 261.82K)

i do not have the reflexes to pull off combos
i enjoy fighting games and i have played them plenty before, but i know i'm perma-bronze because that's where i've ended up

>have to go online to find tutorials on characters
>go to training mode
>have to grind out those combos
>have to grind out those blockstrings
>have to grind out those mixups
>if it's a tag fighter multiply this by at least 2, most likely 3
>at some point you can start to play and learn fundamentals, defense and whatnot
>but if anything isn't immediately obvious, it's right back to grinding in training mode to learn the stuff they did so you can program it into a bot so you can learn to counter it (you did buy all of the 200$s of DLC characters, right?)
I like to play more than one game. But I still like to play the games I do play well. I can button mash against other noobs in fighting games but that's not satisfying. At least I want to be able to utilize all my options. But even getting there is a huge amount of work if you never played something in the genre before.

gaming has been my hobby for decades longer than you've been pretending to be a woman and will continue to be mine long after you kill yourself

I've always loved them. Wish I attended because the ads outside of top 8 were FUCKING ANNOYING.
I'll participate in EVO next year for SF6. Wish I didn't live in Bumfuck, Nowhere so the local scene was better but oh well.

Every fighting game is a legacy game. The obtuse conventions filter me. The high mid low overhead armor mixup comes down to twitch reflexes and I'm not a teenager on Adderall. There is no strategy, it's just rock paper scissors. If there is any time to react, it's been taken by lag because you're matched against a Brazilian on wifi. In every fighting game you have less than a second to make two decisions and then youre KO and the round is over. You spent the whole thing watching your character get juggled because you didn't know there was even a way to Oki without getting launched again. There are always characters that are OP so if you want to win, you have one, maybe two characters to pick, and it's just not fun.

If there was a fighting game for white people I'd play it.