Does it actually do anything worse than dark souls 1?

does it actually do anything worse than dark souls 1?

Attached: 1638786315434.jpg (960x960, 95.45K)

Everything except levelling up girl

matthewmatosis destroyed this game but then joseph anderson and hbomberguy debunked him so i would say no

I think the parried state is too long but that's about it.

It has a lot of good ideas implemented but they are minor, the game is just less satisfying to play

the rolling mechanic being fucked with because of ADP

Yes

enemy placement and easy due to slow attacks

I'd say weapon sounds and less hitstop. Aside from that it's a direct improvement.

Not obmy that healing with estus too and the healing gem you can abuse it at endgame with the regen ring

>Called "dark souls"
>Has no soul
Troons - cope. It's litterally a project mashed together from assets of a cancelled original vision. That is why it has 0 consistency in locations. Normal games don't scrap everything and change leadership 1,5 years before launch.

It's worse at being bad game. Darksouls 2 is the best souls game

things ds2 did worse:

sound design
atmosphere
boss fights
poise

>Waste a bunch of time trying to create and openworld game with the same approach you used for DaS1
>Can't finish it, openworld is out, have to remake it as a smaller game
>Reshuffle assets states ranging from unfinished to blatantly placeholder, gameplay is still unrefined and experimental, can't put any polish on anything, can just barely hide the worst of it
>Get told you have to release on last gen consoles and your game devolves into a dumpster fire as your ability to hide the worst of the shit is stripped away and most of your less placeholder assets are ripped away beneath tidal waves of downgrade after downgrade. Drink so much to forget the pain that the Heineken logo makes its way into your textures.
>Barely release a mediocre game because you caught the openworld boner and couldn't keep up with the scope
Gee I wonder if it does anything worse than DaS1. The game destroyed them so hard that they spent the next 3 games coping and siphoning resources to develop an openworld game and erase their shame and it was still mediocre because openworld is a marketing meme.

It is because of DSII's entire knock back parry that we have parry walking any% down to like 12 minutes.

Not really but it did something that people coming from DS1 couldn't handle well in most case... at first it removed the mastery you had in the Souls mechanics.
I remember I hated my first playthrough , I was coming from 500h of Dark souls running around naked and suddenly I was getting rollcatch by everything, couldn't iframe moves I saw coming etc, I was angry at the game because it made me feel that I couldn't do the same things I did in DS. Many people I know didn't overcame this feeling and dropped the game after their blind run or even before finishing it. But I did retry the game when Scholar was out I think, by then I knew about ADP, souls memory etc and it was a really good experience, and the best thing for me was discovering the game has better legs then DS with build variety, goods choices on pvp etc.

People who say DS2 is bad usually didn't even play DS2, they just watched a video of someone bashing it and skipped it.

It genuinelly does everything DS1 did, even having an underwhelming shit final boss.

DS2 however, nailed the PVP the hardest, to this day it has the best PVP experience out of every single game of the entire franchise, and that includes Elden Ring and Bloodborne.

>reddit spacing
Didn't even read.

>games get scrapped almost entirely
>still is the better than 90% of vidya released at the time
FROM really are wizards.

No, it's far better in everything but level design and polish.
That's why both DS3 and ER use most of the mechanics DS2 pioneered nearly unchanged.

every single thing

>That's why both DS3 and ER use most of the mechanics DS2 pioneered nearly unchanged.
Name one.

>play DaS3 or ER pvp
>dedicated metamaxxed ganksquads and twinks with endgame gear pointing down after killing you
>play DaS2 pvp
>people are respectful, invaders are often cool unique builds and coopers are just people going through the game
DaS2 players are just better people