Death Stranding

This is the first strand type game.

Attached: EGS_DEATHSTRANDINGDIRECTORSCUT_KOJIMAPRODUCTIONS_Expansion_S2_1200x1600-5f99e16507795f9b497716b470cfd876.jpg (1200x1600, 586.86K)

Journey was actually

>year 3 of the strand era and pathetic losers are still clinging to outdated "traditional" videogames
What went wrong?

It filtered too many midwits

Attached: porter-grade.jpg (2560x1440, 480.55K)

>director's cut trash
I'm sorry plebeian buy I enjoy Kojima's vision. Death Stranding Classic.

What’s a strand game?

It's like an open world game, but also there's dark souls messages and you can mash a button really fast to upvote them.

>Director's cut
>Not the director's vision

Attached: kojimbo.png (474x800, 672.43K)

Where other players can interact within your world in a way, through the network. In DS some of other players' structures, bridges, roads, so on will appear within your world and vise versa. It's a way of supporting each other despite not actual co-op

>strand means beach in German

KOJIMBOOOOOOOOOO

Arguably it's hard to recommend or market. People call it a walking sim to this day, which I find funny because I think this might be the only legit example of a *walking sim*. Seriously, you have to watch where you step, plot your route according to the terrain, and bring tools to traverse it. All those other "walking sims" were just games on rails. Death Stranding makes the walking a game mechanic which is actually pretty cool but sounds really lame. It's also weird as all fuck which scares normies away.

You can't build structures in dark souls or demon's souls

Director's Plus

Attached: director's plus 2.jpg (236x342, 51.55K)

Kojima can't keep getting away with it

Attached: 445432879.png (756x412, 333.07K)

he can

Attached: keikaku.jpg (2038x1900, 556.27K)

AC Origins

DS=Death Stranding.

You've got to be trolling but I'm aware there are people here that dumb.

It scared normies away also because the game is boring to watch.
I remember watching streams and gameplays before getting it, and it really looked boring as fuck.
When you play it, it's actually engaging, I like how the game is making you obsessed with delivering cargo in perfect condition.
And yes, the walking simulator part is no joke kek.
I'm currently replaying it, made it to Lake Knot City last night, and actually running down the stairs in the warehouse made Sam fall like a retard.

>which is actually pretty cool but sounds really lame.
"Mechanically complex Courier sim" is pretty easily marketable if that were the game's sole focus, the problem lies in the fact that the game is also extremely confused because none of the novel stuff it does is what Kojima really focus(es/ed) on. So it's based really heavily around scripted missions and is bogged down by a fucking FFXIV level of bullshit nonsense uninteractive storytelling, because ultimately what Kojima really wants to do is make cinematics of the really cool actor he saw on TV being like, super cool and badass and stuff and then he looks and the camera and pouts and goes "yeah, fuck off, don't use the right stick to look at me". So you somehow have to market "The Intense Daily Routine of a Mailman Game (and also it's going to take you two and a half hours to reach that point and when you do Mads Mikkelsen is going to rest control to tell you about his baby)", which is a significantly tougher sell.

Can I get a quick rundown on strad games?

strand*

Daily reminder that if you played anything but Very Hard, you didn't beat the game.
Very Hard is the way the game was meant to be played.
It makes MULEs/terrorrists, BTs and boss encounters actually stressful, the Timefall will disintegrate your cargo really really fast, your boots, stamina and batteries will drain faster, and keeping balance is way harder.

It does in English too.

Cargo never takes damage from timefall, only the container.