Without spoilers, how could you recommend pic related to someone who hasn't played it?

Without spoilers, how could you recommend pic related to someone who hasn't played it?

Attached: inscryption.jpg (300x396, 24.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1DkK5ZML2G0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Eh, sure.
>Without spoilers
I doubt there's much about it you don't know.

tell them to fucking play it or ill stab your nana

All I know is that it's a card game, which isn't a genre I like

You won't like it. It is creative in its design though i won't give it much more than that. I'm not much of a card game person either.

If you don't like card games at all, even simplistic ones, then this isn't about to change your mind.

I'm going to disagree with the other two anons and say that you can like Inscryption even if you dislike card games. Inscryption is pretty much the only card game I've played in my life and I still loved it.

Of course, if anything the story is the worst part of the game. The atmosphere and story peak in act 1 when you don't know what's going on. The gameplay shifts throughout the game but remains fun the whole time imo. But yeah It's a really cool deck building game with nice art and the cards are centered around swamp animals. Would recommend.

a game set out of order, in which you play a person, playing a game, found on a floppy.

that's it, you can't describe the fact that the game shifts tonally and radically in gameplay style, 1/3'd through.

First act is kino, the other 2 are utter trash.

>the only card game I've played
"I have no active interest in card games" is a bit different from "I have played card games and actively dislike them".

Don't buy it for more than 20 dollars. Squirrel return to hand after sacrifice meta op

Well I had also occasionally tried a few card games like Heartstone but I didn't like them.

its zoomer magic the gathering with a bunch of neat art styles

it's a shit game so I would never recommend it to begin with.

I wouldn't, because it's a bait and switch that becomes garbage halfway through.

filtered

I would say you probably wouldn't like it like the other anons, but my zoomer brother who could never get into the main stream card games like YGO and MTG loves it.

Then again he has the attention span of a goat, so it probably more along the lines of playing physical cards games is just to slow for him.

The game is controlled by 4 people who are all vying for control over it be enticing (you) the player into liking their version of the game more. They each take you. Through a version of their own, before the computer shows you his and tries to take control - all before getting decapitated by the first designer, the Druid.

All of the creators, with the computer dead, all accept that none nod them should have control and the Druid just wants one last game with (you) before you leave.
After the guy who found the only copy of this game finds this out, the dev of the game shows up at his house and shoots him in the head in. The last Video Tape you unlock.

It’s the same shtick the game dev has done 3-4 times now; make game, but what if real life things take over, the game dev was either murdered or is possessing he game. It’s creepy-pasta tier trash, with poor writing.

Not worth the money - it’s a $5 at most.

I would say that it's a "story oriented CCG".
Although there is a pretty neat ARG game attached to it. And just like any ARG some of the clues are not accessible anymore.
youtube.com/watch?v=1DkK5ZML2G0

Worst part is that everyone eats it up and suck the dev despite him sacrificing what could be cool gameplay to just his ARG

It's a solid idea ruined by the story and it's thematic connections to his previous work. On it's own, Act 1 would have been phenomenal, instead it becomes a middling 7/10 because it's dragged down by the other 50% of the game and the creator's need to keep exploring "what if game... was real?" themes.

Hey James, I heard you like pretentious games.
Then you will definitely like this.

It’s pretentious slop made purely to sell copies to YouTubers that play it, then the hordes of children that want to be like their favourite YouTubers.

It could have been a great game with the Druid’s established rule set - but it had to turn into a carbon copy of all of his other games: JOKES, THERE IS LE GHOST IN LE MACHINE - NOW YOU DIE BECAUSE YOU KNOW LE TRUTH!