Is it bootlicking to like a game regardless of it's flaws?

Is it bootlicking to like a game regardless of it's flaws?

Attached: Nintendo fans.png (749x671, 554.07K)

no.

it's crazy that all of those 3 games all fucking sucked and were just worse than their previous entries but yeah that fag is a bootlicker if he says those games are good

It's bootlicking to pretend that a game's flaws don't exist, thereby attacking everyone who says they don't like it. Like with BOTW or Xenoblade. It doesn't matter if YOU don't consider it a legitimate criticism, some people do. It doesn't matter if game journos like it, Any Forums isn't about masturbating over popular opinion. You shouldn't make it your life's work just to hunt down threads and chastise people for criticizing your game.

No, but it's bad taste if at least one of the previous entries is objectively better.

>objectively
Go back to twitter.

>it's crazy that all of those 3 games all fucking sucked and were just worse than their previous entries
It's not crazy. This happens with every console. We're almost 6 years in now so Nintendo has started developing games for the next season. These cheap budget titles are made to fill in the gap. Just like before the switch came out we were getting Mario Tennis Aces and Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival.

If someone owns up to something they like having flaws/other people not liking it, it's fair game to like it. I'm sure you like stuff that has flaws. Everything ever has flaws. I rather people be honest about their taste, as long as their not an asshole about it.

I thought Strikers was good thought?

I remember being pretty hyped by the announcement of the new striker and I pulled out my old copy of Charged to play with by little brother. We ended up playing all night, but it made me realize how utter shit the gameplay video of the new one looked afterward.

It is if you pretend they don’t exist or defend them.

Yeah, but they didn't put Daisy in the base roster so we have to pretend to hate it even after they satisfied us.

Go on, prove to me that I am wrong. I'm fucking waiting.

>608303897
It's only bootlicking if you can't admit to a games flaws, the moment you become delusional about a games flaws is the moment you become a bootlicker.
Also fuck off with you're twitter screenshot thread. FUCK YOU OP

I think it's bootlicking to claim shitty worst versions of Mario sports games are 9/10 near perfection yes....Mario hoops was the last decent Mario sports game

You are not allowed to enjoy things anymore

It's content lacking for a full priced game, but yes it's better than everything else in the OP pic.

those games aren't even bad, the problem is that Nintendo releases them half finished, does one or two updates, and then abandons it.
The finish it later model was fine for splatoon and mario maker, but it feels like they're applying it to every game now. Can't wait for the next mario kart to launch with only 4 cups with the rest being dripfed over the next year.

It's okay, a 6/10, but overall toned down version of Charged. Like aside from the motion control Supercharged shot defense (Which is a minor gripe of mine, I probably just need to git gud like my brother did), I have literally no reason to play the new one over charged.

Only on Any Forums because we're insanely jealous of people having fun.

I don't know why a lot of people seem to be so obsessed with Mario spinoffs. Even if they're shitty, who fucking cares? We're talking about a fucking SPORTS game. If it didn't have Mario in the title you wouldn't even give it a glance. Play a real genre of games. These games are made for grandmas to buy their grandchildren during the holidays "oh bobby likes Mario and soccer, I'll get him that one."

Why do you twitterniggers still act like statements beginning with "I thought" is a question?

No, otherwise no one can like anything because everything has flaws. Even in a game like Monster Hunter, where the game has taken a massive deviation from its previous games, some people are going to enjoy that newer version more even if it is fundamentally flawed in many ways. Just admit that the game is flawed and move on. It's okay to enjoy shit sometimes. A lot of it is subjective and contextual. If someone didn't play Game 1 and Game 2 and Game 3 is worse in various ways than 1 and 2 and a new player only ever played Game 3 the veterans of the series are going to compare 3 to 1 and 2 while the newbie can only base it on the game itself. It's the same shitflinging you see with World and Rise babby's vs Old MH vets.

Is it really me being jaded? or is it that the previous entry were ACTUALLY better and my previous experience is now preventing me from enjoying new stuff when it's worst?

There was a time where I picked these games up because they had Mario, but not because I gave a shit about Mario, but the legacy of good party sports games. Look at what we have today, super mega baseball and........that's about fucking it.

The Camelot handheld sports games are still fucking kino. I replay both Mario Tennis and Mario power tennis on a yearly basis

The mario sports games were never good.
We liked them as kids because we didn't pay for them and there were much fewer good games releasing in general. There are so many games I enjoyed as a kid that in retrospect sucked, and the Mario sports games were definitely some of them. Just stop buying them. Even if you cant find other first party Nintendo games to buy, there's a massive wealth of third party and indie games. You don't need to buy a generic tennis game with a Mario skin over it for 40 dollars.