Why are there no good eva games?

why are there no good eva games?
i feel that the franchise can use a good game or two (visual novels do NOT count)

Attached: asuka-evangelion.gif (498x370, 1020.22K)

Eva outside of Anno's stuff seems directed more at making money than anything else. Which is why the only game that's come out in recent times is a mobile gacha game. This might change in the future, considering the Gundam IP has been having some games as of recent but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Hell, it probably wouldn't be very good if there was one, it'd probably end up being something like a musou clone game instead of something good that takes advantage of what the IP is. Not even being a doomer, that's literally how the industry is geared.

Though, I am surprised that there hasn't been a fangame out yet, you'd think Eva autism would get around to that by now, perhaps all the would-be autists grew up by now. I know Kemono Friends got a DMC clone fangame, so I guess it's a matter of time.

Hopefully whatever new projects they cook up can have a vidya tie-in built in unity or some shit.

Attached: 1638507005309.webm (1272x720, 2.64M)

why did eva suddenly become so popular?

>suddenly

Attached: 1473965540775.jpg (819x795, 24.12K)

>thermal
>expansion

Attached: 1597807216738.png (958x720, 843.72K)

eva is shit but has always been popular, it was culturally very impactful for japan.
the reason you hear about it more in recent years in due to the massive increase in popularity of anime in the west.
I remember 10 years ago, barely anyone around me knew what anime was. now, everyone raves about it.

boomers first anime

retard

Because Evangelion isn't good.
Because like JoJo, normies are late to the party with it.

>I remember 10 years ago
9 years ago attack on titan aired, so did the danganronpa anime and kill la kill

anime was not "niche" 10 years ago, it was already mainstream as fuck. retard.

no one watched the danganronpa anime you fucking sperg, and normies didn't watch kill la kill when it was airing you dumb fuck.
AoT is a fair point (actually less than 10 years ago but whatever) and it was one of the animes that the west first clung on to, especially in terms of social media.

Normalization of gaming and anime ruined both now that you mention that.

>suddenly

Probably because the main story is extremely rigid in the matter of action scenes.
There are only a handful of enemies the Eva's / children face in the main plot line (the Angels) and the way you defeat them isn't always through a format that fits with good video game combat. (Ramiel, Sahaquiel, Leliel, Ireul, Arael)
Of course you could move outside the main story but then you just have a genic game with Eva pasted all over it. You could also try and stretch area's of the main story to add more combat but they'll just come off as forced and stick out like a sore thumb.
Eva's story is best viewed through the watchers, it does not adapt to the viewer participating in it well. It would be a game made to sell because of the Eva branding, not a game made because there is a story to tell or a great gameplay idea.

Because eva itself is fucking shit.

Anime isn't any more popular now than 20 years ago.

The conclusion to the entire mainline series finally happened.
3.0+1 wrapped everything up and finished the arcs of shinji, anno and the viewer.
The morale of the story ended up being "Touch grass and have sex"

Attached: 1659804084518459.jpg (592x291, 26.35K)

>I remember 10 years ago, barely anyone around me knew what anime was
because you were still in grade school

>is best viewed through the watchers
"through watching"

Asuka has npd not bpd
that would be Shinji

Attached: 1650268730139.gif (220x220, 687.81K)

desu no1 i talked 2 was very big on eva bak in the day...So suddenly seems rite to me. Maybe just my location i am not sure. Only part I remember with fondness is asuka death

Underaged please leave. Anime has been a huge thing in the west even among normalfags ever since Dragonball Z in 1996. Then they watched Bebop and maybe Trigun and anime has only gotten more popular since then.