Why are modern shooters so spastic?

why are modern shooters so spastic?

Attached: 1659902873125532.webm (854x480, 2.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kFWRkj0UQKM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

weak bait you worthless retard

Artificial coolness inflation through forced APM
or ACITFAPM

More movements = IM A BETTER GAYMER! I’ve also never had sex and never had an alcoholic beverage or lifted weights!

I don’t like doom eternal but not because the gameplay is “spastic” so was quake and I fucking love quake to death. Doom eternal is so fucking overrated it’s sickening.

>doesn't even charge 2/3 of a DB charge

this gameplay is lit frfr no cap im like rapha

Attached: 1637814590145.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Because of TF2.

DE is some of the most fun I've had with an FPS since the original Far Cry (which is a completely different subgenre). When you play some of the tougher content on NIghtmare and it all clicks and you're balacing aggression and evasion, devastate enemies efficiently, have fun with the weapons, it feels so good.

eternal on nightmare is pretty fun, I can't believe what Any Forums got filtered by

>modern
You've never played quake or unreal? Or any fast fps?

I really like Eternal's way of proving gamers don't want choice in an FPS.

on god bruh fr no cap no cap bruh sameeee

Attached: unknown (2).png (386x385, 66.09K)

that's a retro shooter, modern shooters are stamina meter molasses

Choice? The game doesn't give you a choice, you HAVE to play the way it wants you to otherwise you'll suck.

Eternal haters are nostalgic for Call of Duty and wish Doom 2016 had been this: youtube.com/watch?v=kFWRkj0UQKM

Wrong!

Attached: 1635679906382.webm (690x388, 2.96M)

Complexity is cool, right? That why boomers like old video games because they had like more complex game mechanics and more movement options. My favorite youtube video game analyst said so.

It gives you a choice, it's just that all the choices are penultimate towards a single dictum: git gud.

It's like they saw someones FRAPS recording of a quake 2 speedrun with rocket jumping and decided to make a whole game like it. Sickening

Attached: 1642046446519.jpg (720x738, 92.76K)

I don't see the issue. Its playing around with the systems, experimenting. DMC birthed a genre because of that.

To distract from how shitty and shallow they are.

>all that just to walk down the street
Kek

Looks like the player has ADHD
I imagine you don't actually need to jump, twitch around and quick swap weapons at 400 APM in order to kill an enemy in this game

>you HAVE to play the way it wants you to otherwise you'll suck
One day I'll make a copypasta and will just reply with it to every post like that. Short versionL
>caco grenade
Most ammo efficient way to kill a caco, not the most time efficient. Conserving ammo in a game with effectively infinite ammo is a choice and not always a correct one. Cacos have a terrifying chomp and devastating projectile burst so you want them off the board as fast as possible if there are other heavies around.
>muh weakpoints
Not always worth destroying. Like typically a revenant is so weak you're better off just straight up murdering it with one SSG shot or a quick SSG-ballista combo. Arachnos/mancs are sometimes worth degunning, sometimes not even.
>muh Marauder
You can harm him by lobbing explosives behind his shield and there are ways to force stun without green eyes flash.

I just finished gears 5. Pretty decent game.

>Most ammo efficient way to kill a caco, not the most time efficient. Conserving ammo in a game with effectively infinite ammo is a choice and not always a correct one.
Its literally never correct btw, just as a reminder that it only costs 25 cell ammo with a ballista arbalest to oneshot a caco. The only time you should EVER nade a caco is if you need extra hp or want a BP recharge asap.