Just got this for 5$. I picked fighter...

Just got this for 5$. I picked fighter, felt like my damage was shit so I went to warrior once I reached the first big city. I know theres only 1 save allowed and i wanted to try mage and maybe strider. Just wondering how ranged combat is in this game? What's a fun class I should check out?

Attached: DragonsDogma.jpg (250x310, 43.47K)

you can change class anytime and your damage mostly depends on your equipment
warrior is kinda scuffed since it can only have 3 skills for some fucking reason, but all classes can be fun except mage and sorcerer

Attached: 1659914430545.png (500x590, 352.4K)

strider is the most fun to most people
you can just try out any class though, you can't screw up your character or anything
it's even encouraged to switch around and get the passives from most classes

Whys that? Does a mage have normal attacks with X and Y except their ranged? Or is it all mana based?

they have normal attacks but they don't have any combos and they mostly suck except for one glaring, game breaking exception
most of their useful stuff comes in the form of spells, which consume stamina, not mana or anything of the sort
most of these aren't very engaging to use, ranging from support spells and heals (mage) to "hold X to epic" nukes (sorcerer)

funnest
>assasin
>strider
fun
>ranger
>fighter
>magick archer
autistic fun
>mystic knight
fun but also pain
>warrior
I sleep
>sorcerer
obligatory loli healslut
>mage

Attached: 1659915446624.webm (852x480, 2.61M)

So if I started as fighter I can just equip different equipement and play a different class without penalty?

Just switch your classes around whenever you're getting bored. You literally can't mess up your stat growth (unless you stupidly spend the entire game as a melee class and then switch to magic after LV100+). Focus on getting some useful augments from each class as you go.

I spent my initial playthrough progressing through each: melee classes>magic (sorc)>mystic knight>magic archer. For your main pawn, decide if you want it to be a magic or physical type support, and focus on that (occasionally dipping into other classes to round out their health stat growth or stamina).

I've been having fun with Ranger class so far, flurry of attacks and some ranged. It's pretty versatile so far.

Just go back to Cassardis at night. Get to Bitterblack Isle and switch to the Assassin vocation. It gets all the skills from fighter and strider and can use bow, shields, swords etc. Although it's a good idea to max the Warrior vocation for the augments.

post em

Attached: 1659916579429.jpg (1200x1200, 165.64K)

No, the only way to change classes/vocations is at the inn in Gran Soren. But yeah, there's no penalty.

There's different stat growths per class but they don't matter unless you want to be hyperautistic about minmaxing, but that's not fun. Change whenever you want, play whatever vocation you want.

>post my pawn one time
>comes back wearing nothing but dragonforged silk lingerie
>gift: large nut

Attached: 1659917103415.jpg (640x480, 78.22K)

You can switch vocation whenever, don't worry about stat leveling autism, just equip the best gear you can and upgrade your weapons. I like Ranger and Warrior myself.

Attached: 20220710133925_1.jpg (2560x1440, 764.37K)

>felt my damage was shit so I went warrior

Literally the worst possible choice of vocation if you want to be even slightly effective

Heavily, HEAVILY underpowered compared to everything else, objectively and mathematically so.

Fighter is all about i-frame abuse. A good fighter basically unlikable by spamming skills and block at the right time while counter attack.

Warrior isn't underpowered. The other vocations are overpowered. Objectively and mathematically so.

unless he gets himself an iraklis early, which can be done at the black cat by selling DLC gear

what do you want in DD2?

Attached: 1659918730388.webm (720x404, 2.83M)

abandon power fantasy, embrace comically large weapons

Turning the dial all the way up on the best parts of dragon’s dogma 1 and actually making a finished game this time.

Lots of dungeon crawling with pawns, multiplayer, lots of new creatures, more weird fiddly mechanics. I’m talking about weird, obtuse things that publishers get scared of. Like your pawn can fall in love with an NPC and permanently abandon you or you can get trapped in a dungeon and can only be saved by sending a pawn with a message into the rift to go get a random player from online to save you.

Also a better menu.