Had anyone played this recently?

What’s it like? Would you recommend it? I remember when it was announced it was extremely hyped but on release fell short of a lot of the promises. Would you play it today? Is there any enhancements?

Attached: E7E77631-638E-43A0-AC83-59281CDED350.jpg (353x500, 43.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-FractalAnts|501092313908:sast-501101724544:view-newest
youtu.be/ofA6YWVTURU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its my favorite game of all time. Its cheap, so you should try it out.

>2 spore threads all of a sudden
alright, which eceleb?

You know the trend of games coming out as incomplete, running poorly, not as advertised and demanding you create an account to utilize the majority of its features from a client that bogs down your computer?

This game was seminal in that.

Probably the biggest vidya disappointment of my life. So much potential wasted in favor of gameplay that amounts to 'WoW for toddlers'. The creature creator is great though.
Dreadful that their incompetence tanked what could have been an amazing genre though.

Is that what that weird blue creature thing is? That’s some serious weird stuff that someone else was also thinking of this, but not totally beyond coincidence.

A part of me always wanted to try this but I knew at launch it under delivered and I’m not sure what else is going on with it. Was it on Sale? I missed it if so, I’ll have to add to wishlist

Attached: 43B7F1AA-7DD7-46F2-871D-B1620F511296.jpg (1242x1187, 445.77K)

Is it worth playing though, I thought the idea was not only you create a creator but it would evolve into a completely different game?

Its worth playing. Theres nothing quite like it, you need to try it. The online still works.

I think for a generation this was the first big gaming disappointment
I can't overstate the immense amount of hype there was for this that had been built up for around three years and then when the game came out, it felt like a collection of minigames that led up to the space stage
It's not a bad game by any means, but so much was cut in development

Attached: latest[1].jpg (680x489, 273.82K)

No. Get the demo (aka creature creature) and leave it at that. The different evolutionary phases that make up the game are completely disjointed from each other and amount to nothing more to silly and shallow minigames.
The whole thing has a very tech demo-esque feel.

The only phase that actually feels like a game is the cellular phase. It's barebones af but at least the mechanics work and your mutations kinda interact with the environment instead of being mere stat boosters. That's as good as it gets.

Creature phase is extremely dumbed down WoW gameplay, Tribal face is incredibly dull and primitive RTS and the Space Phase is No Man's Sky produced in Bangladesh and 15 years ago. There's not even a real point to it. And these different minigames basically don't affect each other at all.

>et the demo (aka creature creature)
*creature creator

>It's not a bad game by any means, but so much was cut in development
Nah. It's a bad game by any means with a fantastic creature editor tacked on. Or maybe the other way round.

It's kind of a pain in the ass trying to get online in this game nowadays. For whatever fucking reason the game doesn't let you create an account if you're playing the steam version and you have to create an account in-game.

Using your Origin account works too

The best way to do it is to just buy the game on GOG so you can use the CD key to redeem it on Origin just to make an account on the origin version that you can then use in the GOG version. The Steam version doesn't give you a CD key to do that.

Nostalgia fuel but the Space Stage just gets annoying after a couple of hours. Disasters or pirates every ten minutes is just grating.

It's bizarre how Stellaris is how I always pictured the Space stage in my head while I was getting hyped for Spore. Why did Wright decide that you can only get one ship to defend an entire empire? What was he thinking?

post creations modded or not, NOW

Attached: spore gigachad.png (281x335, 126.73K)

I've been getting a shit ton of spore speedruns in my recommended.

I wish there was a way to connect to the origin server without installing the damn spyware.

Attached: sporegigachad.png (261x247, 75.07K)

The space stage seemed really deep to me back in 2008 but there's really nothing to it beyond fighting other races, setting up colonies and selling shit

Attached: latest[1].png (875x769, 337.73K)

Made this hand. spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-FractalAnts|501092313908:sast-501101724544:view-newest

Attached: SporeHand.png (256x256, 33.29K)

Has anyone ever modded the game just to disable disasters? I know modding the game is kind of a bitch but that seriously must just be a single bit flip to increase the QOL of the space stage by like 7000%

Attached: 1653770866073.png (628x572, 548.79K)

Attached: gondola.png (214x484, 108.87K)

The base game is a small novelty to me, but Galactic Adventures is kinda fun to just see what random quests, stories, and designs other players make up. There's a lot of nice stuff if you dig deep enough, even though you have to deal with jank MMO hotbar controls to interact with any of it.
I spent most of my time making multi-breasted fetish monstrosities than anything else though.

In hindsight, it's clear that Will Wright is doing a lot of bullshitting in this video

youtu.be/ofA6YWVTURU

I know a guy who met Will. Will Wight has massive like, gorilla hands. Bigger than his face, and the dude has a big face. He could crush a melon in like, one hand. Insane.

This is what I mean, the empire system is set out like an RTS, but it controls like an RPG. Why did Wright decide that you should only control one ship?

It's 4X for babies.

There should be a Spore 2 where the Cell stage is like agar.io and the space stage is like Stellaris