Now that the switch pro bullshit is officially dead, when do you think Nintendo puts out their next console...

Now that the switch pro bullshit is officially dead, when do you think Nintendo puts out their next console? We're 5 and a half years in now, so some context

>Average Nintendo generation
5-6 years
>Recent console generations
7 years
>Longest console generation
8 years (original gameboy)

Attached: nintendo-switch-2.jpg (1643x924, 44.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2022/08/nikkei-report-says-no-new-nintendo-hardware-is-coming-this-fiscal-year
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also why the switch pro is dead
nintendolife.com/news/2022/08/nikkei-report-says-no-new-nintendo-hardware-is-coming-this-fiscal-year

switch is not dead

Attached: 23904823904328490.jpg (1913x941, 119.08K)

Late 2023/early 2024 with a "definitive" version of BoTW 2

The pro is dead, because nikkei just denied any new hardware in this fiscal year and no company is retarded enough to put out a pro version after 6.5+ years.

Also comparing the console gens vs when they would release
>Average Nintendo generation
early 2022-early 2023
>Recent console generations
Early 2024
>Longest console generation (gameboy)
Early 2025

I really like this image, mind if I save it?

4ds coming 2024

Nintendo will deny ever working on a new console a week before it's announced.
Not saying that pro is a thing, but would never trust nintendon't saying that they don't plan anything.

In the same interview where they confirmed no new hardware, Furukawa was talking about them not being able to get enough parts for the switch. If they cant even supply the switch I don't see how they're launching a new product.

IIRC Nintendo said in 2020 or 21 that they expected to be only halfway through the Switch's lifespan that year. We probably have at least 2 or 3 more years of it.

At the earliest, late 2024, at the latest, late 2025, Nintendo is planning on having the switch’s lifecycle be longer than most consoles of their past.

>IIRC Nintendo said in 2020 or 21 that they expected to be only halfway through the Switch's lifespan that year. We probably have at least 2 or 3 more years of it.
That doesn't tell us anything, because the lifespan of the product doesn't immediately end after the next console comes out. The 3DS lasted about 2 years after the Switch came out.

they have no incentive to release a new console when the switch is still selling like crack

>they have no incentive to release a new console when the switch is still selling like crack
Switch sales have been dropping for 3 quarters now, though it's still too early to say if this is a consistent trend. If the holiday sales end up lower then we can say the switch is definitely in the decline stage.

All I want is a Nintendo hybrid console that has lightning bolt or whatever super fast connection port so that the dock can act as an external GPU with its own storage system. I don't care if I have to pay well over $400 for it.

Attached: 20220520_054148.jpg (400x400, 24.81K)

Holiday 2024. Gives enough time for some bigger releases next year (BotW 2, Prime 4) and then some modest stuff (Mario Sluggers sequel, Xenoblade X port) the year after to finish out the console before the Switch 2 arrives.

There's no need to do an external GPU when they can use DLSS to achieve the same effect (boosting docked performance to run at a much higher resolution). Just do a chip with DLSS (which we know they're doing from the hacks)

The global situation is also unstable for the chip market. If Taiwan, major supplier, is invaded during the next months there is no way any new console can be released until the market adapts.

Furukawa only said it was going to be difficult to sell the remaining 18 million units to meet the forecast. That's the extent of him being quoted about it in the Nikkei article. Nikkei themselves added the point about there not being any new hardware announced as another reason why Nintendo might struggle to hit that goal.

Basically journos are fucking retarded yet again and it's even worse when there's a language barrier and none of them apparently know Japanese.

if you have a good pc you have a swtich pro

2023 or 2024 I'd expect, I would be very surprised if they wait any longer than that.

External gpus are a meme

It's going to be interesting to see what it's going to take to cause the Switch's Wii Slump. I honestly think that, when it happens, it's going to kneecap the Switch much harder than it did for the Wii.

Not anytime soon, Nintendo wants to take the top spot from the ps2