Why does SEGA hate Virtua Fighter? Even SNK has found a way to get back in the conversation. What's SEGA doing?

Why does SEGA hate Virtua Fighter? Even SNK has found a way to get back in the conversation. What's SEGA doing?

Attached: virtua-fighter-by-sega.jpg (1536x864, 219.71K)

>What's SEGA doing?
Dying.

Most likely the best answer. They're OK with putting some Tekken skins on VF:US characters but can't be bothered to make a VF6. Hopefully the Hyenas trooncore really is the beginning of the end for them (especially if they ruin the new Crazy Taxi and Jet Set remakes or whatever they'll be)

Is it true that VF fans hate Tekken and Dead or Alive?

I liked Tag Tournament and Tag Tournament 2 the most from Tekken. I haven't played much DoA after the 4th game but I liked DOA too. That said I don't if I'd call myself a "fan" of VF, just that I want SEGA to grow the franchise. Not necessarily make it flashy like Tekken, but maybe really emphasize the unique aspects of the characters and make it perhaps the most technical of the 3D fighting games (and throw in some SEGA characters as DLC). That and great music SEGA used to be known for.

Honestly I just think Virtua Fighter looks too bland compared to all the other fighters it'd be compared to.

Casual VF fan here. I've never played Tekken so it'd be weird to hate something I've never touched, but I did play a bit of DoA and that game was decent. Not exactly my cup of tea though because I'm too used to VF.

>can't be bothered to make a VF6
They're probably making VF6 tbqh. They've went on record stating that the download numbers for VF5 Ultimate Showdown exceeded their expectations. I think they have "future plans" for VF.

SNK has the good fortune of having funding from a saudi oil prince who is an SNK fanboy. SEGA is slowly fading into obscurity

Yeah. Tekken's the Yakuza to VF's Shenmue.

It would be nice to hear that from SEGA about "future plans" for VF, though. I honestly believe if they go the "we're the most technical fighting 3D game" route and allow a crazy about of breaks, counters, dodges, movement, while STILL having the SEGA arcade feel, it would be able to stand on its own. I could only imagine what "pro" fighters would look like if SEGA really dug into the martial arts feel, movements, etc.

Sega is doing plenty of stuff. For a while none of that included Virtua Fighter.

Now with them RGG Studios graphics and more of a commitment to global releases than before its been looking more likely than since over 10 years

crazy how good VF5 still holds up tough. its been 15 years

Post mains.

Attached: virtua_fighter_sarah_bryant 2.png (1018x1440, 723.26K)

How long would it take to be decent at VF?

SEGA aren't exactly the biggest company. It takes time to develop games.
We're also in a time where you can't afford a game to bomb, so they're focusing solely on IPs that sell.
I guarantee a VF6 though.
No. Tekken owes everything to VF. I'm sure even the developers and fans are aware of that.
DOA is a fantastic fighter too. To me, it filled a hole that VF left for a few years. DOA5LR is a masterpiece.

All I was hoping for was a port of VF5 to all platforms and add crossplay but it seems that won't even happen

It isn't time yet. There are a lot of signs that Sega is working on something VF related, and that we'll probably know by next year.
They can't do it now because the genre is a little hot right now, a lot of competition. Ultimate Showdown was meant to gauge interest and it did better than expectations, which means a lot for a remake from the ground up of one of the most technical 3D fighters ever.

Virtua Fighter needs an aesthetic overhaul to appeal and compete with the flashy games of today.

Virtua Fighter 5 if he real Unreal Engine 5 low poly nostalgia edition

>What's SEGA doing?
Not putting Final Showdown on Steam outside of Yakuza 6, that's what.

As someone who's only played VF2 in Yakuza 5, sell me on Virtua Fighter. Why should I play it?

The fighting is a fluid dance of RPS between you and your opponent.
Throw > Block > Attack > Throw
attacks always beat throw, block always beats attacks *given that you're blocking the appropriate attack height*.

I don't know about VF2 but in VF5, side stepping works more like a parry/dodge when it happens during being attacked. From there, mechanics start layering in a way that you're constantly inputting the next thing before your last even happened.

Try out Ultimate Showdown if you get the chance

>Virtua Fighter needs an aesthetic overhaul to appeal and compete with the flashy games of today.
As long as they expand on the core mechanics and build on them rather than cut and dumb things down (which would probably be the financially smarter decision for mass appeal, but still) I'll be happy. Maybe even find a cool way to make a stamina meter work if it's not too intrusive. Just keep the inevitable changes aesthetic

How does Final Showdown compare to Ultimate Showdown? I'm reading it's a different engine.
I don't have a PS4 for 5:US but 5:FS is in Yakuza 6.

Unironically now would be the perfect time for a reboot considering it's more successful copy cat game DOA is now just Dead.