This had such a cool and interesting premise, and it started out so well...

This had such a cool and interesting premise, and it started out so well, and yet i got bored 12 hours in due to the lack of progression in the story and character development, did i get filtered?

Attached: 595562-mary-skelter-2-nintendo-switch-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 179.99K)

yeah dungeon crawlers should not be played for the story

But the only recent one with good gameplay is Etrian Odyssey.

Thats all the mary skelter games have going for them. Just watch a letsplay of it.

You just dont like the genre enough.

>yuritrash
not even once

I've played the experience games which are supposed to be second best, and they might as well just auto level your character for all the skill options you get. Would you like skill 1 or skill 2?

You did get filtered, however for the entirely wrong reason. You were supposed to get filtered by the gameplay being tedium incarnate and unbalanced as fuck, not the actually interesting unfolding world and it's very likeable characters.

Attached: Hameln.jpg (1280x720, 137.85K)

Yes like I said you dont like the genre enough.

Skill issue

Attached: By sigmar, no!.gif (640x640, 3.45M)

>PC port is still broken months after release

Attached: 1605815900634.png (739x600, 393.45K)

I played the first one and it was comfy, but my sister moved with me so now we only play multiplayer games

>the gameplay is shit
>yes, play it anyway

You just dont like it, which is fine.

That could describe most Compile Heart games really.

The Genre is great and does have some of my favorite games, the problem is clearly that it is too niche so most of the titles are just extremely low effort and not worth playing.

how? literally works perfect on my machine

You got filtered, the first half of the game is reuiniting the cast of characters from the original, if you didn't play that game it won't hit as hard

It's the random crashes, and it gets worse once you reach a certain point in the game.

To be fair, they really could have laid it out better. Having to beat the second game in the series before beating the remake of the first is such a terrible way of doing it, and it won't really make sense why they did is this way until you actually finish both.

>filtered
I find it strange to use that word outside of difficulty or maybe other gameplay-related reasons. It didn't grab your attention, is all.
That said, the story, or moreso the ending plus the postgame of MS1's remake is pretty cool, especially if you played Nightmares before. Though I still wonder to this day who asked for this.
But until then, it's true that mostly a whole bunch of nothing happens. I think a lot of the character events are also locked until later and you get a bunch of them at once. That doesn't help.

>until then, it's true that mostly a whole bunch of nothing happens
It makes sense in the context of the larger story since MS2 serves as the bridge to Finale by laying down the foundation of the whole series. It needs Otsuu and Little Mermaid to meet and grow with the overall cast, which they achieve by having the 2nd game be Otsuu bringing everyone together again. What MS2 did is pretty much the only way to do this without it feeling forced, it's much more of a natural connection and the groups bonds are actually believable in this way.

The problem is that none of this is really evident or impactful until near the ending, so what you're left with feels very redundant even to someone who played Nightmares on the Vita. It relies too heavily on the player liking the characters.