TF2 newfag here. Is there any way to find more items?

TF2 newfag here. Is there any way to find more items?

Attached: 1636226309341.png (500x341, 151.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Item_drop_system
steamcommunity.com/id/modsey/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do achievements and just continue playing the game normally

Play spiral knights to get a free hat
It's free and part of a promotional series of items you can get

What kind of items are you looking for, just different weapons to play around with?

Yes, don't care about looks (yet).

1. Go on a server with the !achievements and !giveitems and do those
2.1. Buy a key from the steam market
2.2. Go on scrap.tf and use the feature to buy all the missing base items

So for like a dollar you get all items instead of buying them all form the mannco store.

Alternatively, make friends with someone who's been playing the game for years and will most likely not care about giving away an extra of those base weapons.

Like this, OP.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-08-08_00-13-08.png (1920x1080, 195.44K)

Sounds good, thanks user. Two more questions:

1) Any classes/weapons you recommend for someone new? I have really strong fundamentals in FPS games, just pretty out of shape.

2) How can people run so fast as demoman? I got an Axe for him, but I'm slow as fuck with it.

>linux
based

Attached: 1638029357603.gif (512x512, 1.03M)

I have 6 dummy accts I used to idle for items using textmode and sandboxie before valve fixed that 'exploit'

I started playing about a year ago. Only question I have is why do I still get Winter crates as late as the end of the fucking summer?
Do summer crates exist? I haven't played in a few weeks i think. also the winter crate items are fucking ugly. i think i'll just delete the pages of winter crates I have.

Attached: 1651967195513.jpg (500x378, 23.75K)

Summer crates are dropping now, it usually takes them awhile to add the new cases.

Crate drops are whatever the latest crate is, they only added a new one about a week ago

Since you've already been taken care of, I'll just add that the TF2wiki (the official one, not fandom garbage avoid that at all costs) is one of the best vidya wikis I've come across, and it's been really useful in all the years I've played
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Item_drop_system
If you're ever curious on how a weapon or class works, and maybe the history of the game it's a nice rabbit hole to lose yourself in if you nothing else to do.

>boot up 2fort
>pocket some pyros for a few minutes
>Get a summer crate
wow. they do exist. i'm kinda shocked. Well, I've vowed to not spend any money on this game until i see an update (only bought one key to not be f2p)

>Any classes/weapons you recommend for someone new? I have really strong fundamentals in FPS games, just pretty out of shape.
I can't recommend weapons before you select a class, although the stock weapons are solid in most cases. I'd say scout/soldier/demo are great if you want to train movement and get back in shape for aim.

>How can people run so fast as demoman? I got an Axe for him, but I'm slow as fuck with it.
They're playing using the Eyelander, it's a sword that makes you stronger as you get kills with it, it's especially great when paired with a shield and the booties.

I figure you might not want to, but there's a LOT of shit to explain to a newbie, be it bots, mastercomfig, mods, maps, servers, etc etc, if you want, add me on steam/discord so I can show you the ropes. steamcommunity.com/id/modsey/

Go into the Uncletopia community servers and start shouting "I JUST WANNA FUCK SOME THUGS" at the top of your lungs

Steam achievement unlocker and unlock everything it will give you some weapons

I only buy one key per crate, if there's an item you want you're better off just buying it from the marketplace.

>In Demoman's case that goes for all his slots.
Iron bomber is still better (faster pills and you can jump with them)
And the quickie launcher is generally better for pubs.

>1)
Generally, the best weapons are the stock weapons. In Demoman's case that goes for all his slots. What you should keep an eye out for are melee weapons some of them have good utility like the Ubersaw, Powerjack, Escape Plan, Fists Of Steel etc
You should think of alternate weapons as sidegrades that perform better in one niche with some downsides outside of a handful of exceptions (mostly melee), or as a way to change up play styles (your second question ties into this)
>2)
You need a secondary weapon called a shield (Chargin Targe, Splendid Screen, Tide Turner), they let you use a charging ability in lieu of sticky bombs
>Each shield's charge is different but generally charging a set distance into someone with a melee lets you strike them with a crit.
Swords have longer draw times, no random crits except for the axe, and longer reach than other melees.

I should really proof read these posts more.

>And the quickie launcher is generally better for pubs.
That's new. 9/10 demo players I see in pubs swear by stickies, but maybe it's because of tradition at this point. What makes the quickie launcher better?

Hello vinny

Can't trade if he's F2P.

what's the preferred player count generally? 12 v 12 seems like too much of a clusterfuck on a lot of maps, just constant overwhelming damage from every direction.

TF2 was balanced around 12v12
You'll get used to it, some people swear by 32 man servers even.

Really? Never knew that really Jewish from valve

Premium

Well, sticky launcher will be better in most cases, but give the quickie launcher a try. When players can come from anywhere, it's quite better.

He can receive trade offers.

Just went through all the classes in my head and with the exception of demo and maybe spy all of them have only one slot where stock is best.

Payload. KoTH, and Control Points tend to have wide open maps you can rocket jump around in, but it can be a bit of a mixed bag thanks to the sheer number of maps.
Attack/Defense and CTF are more closed

Honestly, play 30 minutes of soap dm every so often and you'll see your skill improve dramatically.

Hell in Heavy and maybe's Pyro's case none of their slots are best with stock.

That's because TF2 IS a clusterfuck of chaos, and can get even crazier like the other guy said.
But once you get used to it it's real fun and intense in those close games.
Just stick with your team, even if they're dumb you can use them as meat shields or distractions. Nobody in pubs cares if some guy is underperforming, and if they do, they usually get dogpiled on because no one likes whiny fags trying to boss everyone around like it's a tournament match.

For sniper, the bazaar bargain is a direct upgrade, the hitman's heatmaker is a slight upgrade if you know how to use it, all secondaries beside the carbine and maybe camper are better.