Dark souls sucks

Dark souls sucks

Attached: 1572259212177.jpg (900x900, 35.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EV16ROaHVfo?t=18527
youtu.be/LLItPEpkK7A?t=5852
youtu.be/UScsme8didI
youtu.be/Np5PdpsfINA?t=499
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the combat isn't deep
>never played pvp for more than an hour against one of his friends
fail

Attached: thirsty.jpg (627x655, 48.54K)

true

Attached: pain .png (876x165, 209.55K)

>le deep pvp
I fucking love souls pvp, however the actual combat is basic as fuck

he isn't wrong.

*the souls series hasn't evolved to capitalize on it's unique strengths and has compromised it's design by chasing mainstream marketability

ftfy

daerk souls
it's a series that needs no introduction so i haven't bothered to write one

Thanks for letting me know bro

Attached: 1606935279728.jpg (1242x1394, 91.71K)

see youtu.be/EV16ROaHVfo?t=18527 youtu.be/LLItPEpkK7A?t=5852 youtu.be/UScsme8didI

wtf I hate dark souls now

kill yourself

You make a compelling argument, I have finally seen the light

why?

i know you're baiting but it is my instinctual reaction to youtube video essays

Why is Matthew the only vidya youtuber worth watching?

What is it about him that separates him from the rest?

I was just providing examples of Matthew engaging with Dark Souls' multiplayer elements

But two of them are commentated and edited playthroughs, and one is a review!
Gosh, why can't other people like what I like?
(I love and value all anons, and hope fellow thread participants have a great day!)

he has both enough intelligence and knowledge to do the work properly and enough integrity not to sell out or cut shortcuts. he got better and better over time, for most it's the opposite (once they reach an audience)

this

Actually takes video games seriously as an art form without being too pretentious about it. Doesn't try too hard to be funny, doesn't incessantly nostalgiafag like most vidya tubers

He actually said Dark Souls sucks because it doesn't have enemy air juggling

>"Dark Souls is primarily played by two different groups: Niggers, and brits. This is proof enough that the series is worthless.
How the fuck did he get away with this?

Attached: 1656008531459.png (325x307, 98.53K)

see youtu.be/Np5PdpsfINA?t=499

it was a different time
he never said that

BASED

To me, it feels like youtubers decide whether they like a game or not first, then justify their opinion as objective with a nitpicking 6 hours video.
Matthew seems like he shits on games he actually likes if he feels they are objectively doing something which doesn't work well. He also seems the only one who doesn't reason using preconceptions and understands each game is its own thing. To explain myself better, a common essayist youtuber would take a game's combat, compare it to other games and judge it according to what makes engaging combat to him. Matthew would understand combat is simply interaction with the game with elements which could potentially actively cause you a failstate and just judge it according to what the game is trying to accomplissh and whether that makes an interesting, cohesive and fair experience

>without being too pretentious
Nah he's entirely pretentious about it. That's why he only ever "analyzes" things on a surface level, but his retarded braindead youtube audience that has never thought critically about anything ever eats it up because he writes his scripts at a 9th grade level, more than they've ever been exposed to in their lives.

I'm sorry he criticized DS3 user but you don't need to get so upset about it

So which review are you butthurt about?

I really have no idea why Any Forums worships this guy so much.

Attached: 1643097218604.png (903x761, 341.59K)

Can you analyze Sonic Dreams Collection in-depth?

>because he writes his scripts at a 9th grade level

Show me 1 (one) other video game critic who can compare. Matt has videos from a fucking decade ago that are still just as informative and elucidating as the day they were released. Dude has spent his life playing and examining games, and cracked the formula for how they should be discussed in a way that's actually meaningfully critical. Massive million dollar sequels to games literally change in response to the stuff he talks about in his videos. He doesn't waste your time, he doesn't pad shit out, he only talks about what he knows and he doesn't miss

Attached: 987694564564.png (1000x565, 357.33K)