Someone made a thread about how many times LoZ has reused the “Go for the eye” strategy for the boss fights and it...

Someone made a thread about how many times LoZ has reused the “Go for the eye” strategy for the boss fights and it got curious how many times it has actually come up in Zelda so I made a half assed list of all of them. The thread died while I was making it however so I’m making my own so my work doesn’t go to waste. Any first I have to give quick list of my criteria for what made it in my list:
>you have to hit them specifically in the eye or the area around the eye to kill them (aka if they have a big eye that’ll stun them but then you actually have to hit their tail or something to kill it doesn’t count)
>i’m only counting one of each boss even if they appear in multiple games (because strategies for Zelda bosses generally remains the same between appearances although i will at least be counting variations of other bosses that have a different name as their own boss)
>minibosses count too
>counting spinoffs too because why not
Alright then, out of 258 bosses, the following have the eye as the primary weakpoint:
>Digdogger
>Gohma
>Arrghus
>Koldstare
>Vitreous
>Slime Eye
>Morpha
>Bongo Bongo
>Wart
>Odolwa
>Goht
>Gyorg
>Twinmold
>Vaati
>Big Octos
>Stone Arrghus
>Frostare
>Diababa
>Morpheel
>Armogohma
>Giant Eye Plant
>Massive Eye
>Bellum
>Rocktite
>Phytops
>Moldarach
>Scaldera
>Tentalus
>Knucklemaster
>Dharkstare
>Margoma
>The Lady's Pets
>Prismantus
>Gohmaracas
That’s 34 out of 258 or about 13%. I probably miss some so feel free to correct me since like I said I halfassed this but I think I’ve gotten pretty close. Also before anyone asks “What about the Hinox?”, most Hinox boss fight just require you hit them with bombs somewhere on the body, not necessarily the eye and for the ones in BotW, hitting the eye just makes things easier. It’s technically optional so they don’t count either. This list is ONLY for bosses who you HAVE to stab in the eye to kill.

Attached: zelda boss weaknesses.jpg (500x493, 16.8K)

This is the kind of OC that makes me not totally abandon Any Forums. Thanks for your math

What is this autism?

OOT's Big Octo doesn't involve hitting him in the eye, just his exposed ass.

Thank you.
The kind that keeps me on Any Forums
Agreed, that’s why I didn’t count it. The ones in WW though, they do require eye trauma to kill so they count

Attached: TWW_Big_Octo_Figurine_Model.png (651x744, 287.27K)

For Goht and Odolwa, doesn't hitting them in the eye just stun them/cause them to collapse? Once they're stunned you can damage them by hitting them anywhere.

13% is still pretty high but definitely lower than my guess of somewhere in the 25-30% range.

>Digdogger
In LoZ? This isn't fair because he IS an eye and aiming for his eye isn't even how you defeat it.

Oh, and there was one edge case I didn’t count: at one point in LBW, you’re locked in a room and you have to fight 5 of these things, which need to be shot in the eye so they’re technically a miniboss… but you can find them in the overworld and other dungeons before you HAVE to fight them and for me, a miniboss that starts as a regular enemy isn’t a real miniboss, it’s just a challenge room so i didn’t count it

Attached: ALBW_Blue_Eyegore_Model.png (478x609, 122.33K)

Yes but how many marbles that look like eyes can you fit inside your ass?

If you have to hit a boss in the eye to stun it, the eye is still a weakness. But otherwise good shit OP, I salute your autism.

Attached: 1624433815912.gif (270x270, 929.86K)

Based. Thank you for this research. I didn't even know I wanted it.

I just double checked and you’re right, their eyes are optional. In my defense I never actually played the remake of MM, I just heard they added eyes to all the bosses to their weakpoints easier to find so I just assume that’s how you killed them in that version. My bad.
Digdogger is actually the reason why I specified “the area around the eye” because I couldn’t decide if he counted as an eye boss myself. The tiny versions of Digdogger are like, 90% eyeball and they’re the ones you have to stab to finish the fight though so I think I’m in the clear.
According to a doujinshi manga i read one time, the average human woman can fit at least 5 bags of marbles up her ass and men are better than women so… I dunno, I could probably do 8 bags?

In most fantasy works, enemy dragons usually have one eye get blinded by the hero as well

Every animal has their eyes as an absolute weakness. It's an area that can't be protected, after all.

Very nice post OP, I commend your work

>eyelids
But it's interesting to think the boss design ultimately mimics the natural world.

This is disingenuous - Gohma is listed once, despite Gohma appearing as a boss in five games and having its eye as its weakpoint in all 5. Digdogger appears twice, Arrghus appears three times, Vaati appears three times, etc.

Your guess is probably more accurate.

>The tiny versions of Digdogger are like, 90% eyeball and they’re the ones you have to stab to finish the fight though so I think I’m in the clear.
You aren't stabbing them in the eye, their whole body just happens to be an eye. You can hit them from any direction/angle, it doesn't matter.

So, you're telling us that despite making up only 13 % of the population of Zelda bosses, they are responsible for more than 50 % of the butthurt in Zelda threads? How is that even possible?

you can hit Argus from LTTP from behind and it will still damage him. Also, want to say Vitreous is kinda a cheap win because he's literally just eyeballs

>it jumps up to 17% just with those added in
nice

Good job user, keep using your autism, this is nice to see even if I don't give a shit about zelda.