Boomers went insane after playing this LMAO

boomers went insane after playing this LMAO

Attached: 51YQRBW6N7L._SY445_.jpg (313x445, 33.35K)

Was just thinking about how that meme of "babies first fps" was so popular. I wonder how the last twenty years of gaming felt to them.

>using the word boomer unironically referring to millennials.
> "LMAO THEY WENT INSANE"
>Clear baiting

here's your (you) troon

Attached: 1654811638352.png (844x1022, 367.6K)

Do you know how fucking horrible console fps felt that generation apart from halo 1 and 2?

Insanely bored maybe.

Halo itself wasn't particularly noteworthy at the time to all the PC boomers. It's the legacy it left behind that made us all despise it with a passion. It was seen as one of the patients zero of what would become the absolutely worst era in gaming history.
But nobody thought of that when it first came out, we only started realizing it way later.

As for how we feel now? Much better, honestly. 7th gen (well, technically the shitshow started in very late 6th gen, and ended in early 8th) thankfully went away, even if we still have to deal with some of the fallout (namely the idiots who grew up with it and now still infect that cancerous shit on this site).

Boom of indie and mid level development thankfully turned the tide, and nowdays, even AAA games occassionally do something right (Doom Eternal for an instance).

So yeah, it 10 of those 20 years were really depressing, but then things started to get better.

I got the master chief collection and played it finally, I tried to buy it once as a teenager but it's M so I never got it lol. It's pretty good the weapons have a tasteful thiccness and it really harkens back to that time when things were evolving, really it's incel core and nostalgia, ghost in the shell, combat evolved.
Playing infinite now and don't want to go back to master chief collection, which is really good since it has all the games and you matchmake with them all and jump around from this game to that.

Attached: halo_infinite_2021_honeydew_10_watermark_1120_98a726b65a0f4c4e802eca5549df6abd.0.png (1120x630, 1.39M)

Why does nothing else feel like Halo? Why does it feel like shit just throwing grenades in any other shooter besides Halo? Or vehicles.

halo is not that good or bad, it's like stargate
it's kind of silly

>Halo itself wasn't particularly noteworthy at the time to all the PC boomers. It's the legacy it left behind that made us all despise it with a passion. It was seen as one of the patients zero of what would become the absolutely worst era in gaming history.
But nobody thought of that when it first came out, we only started realizing it way later.

Stop making shit up and acting like its everyone opinion

i played that when i was 8 in 2011 on my windows 7 laptop. first fps ever

It's a slow game with huge crosshairs and copious amounts of bullet magnetism.

The first FPS to come out that isn't a straight up DOOM clone and Boomers shit and piss their pants over it. I was young at the time so I had no retarded tribalism and just played DOOM and Halo on my computer. Good times with custom maps and multiplayer with both. But to me the Halo 1 campaign was special and elevated it above DOOM.

Attached: cortana.webm (968x824, 1.89M)

Halo's amazing.
Why does literally any shooter besides Halo get a pass for not being as fast as Quake? Who cares? There's more that makes a game than how fast it is. There's a reason Quake has one game mode that anymore plays and it's because when players can run around 100mph it basically makes the game one dimensional. The reason grenades are important is because you can actually hit people with them when they don't just run by it. Reason you can melee is because people cant just run away. Vehicles are important to get around the map faster. The crosshair tells you how you can expect to handle a gun. Big crosshair tells you the weapon isn't accurate. Tight crosshair tells your shots go where the crosshair lines up. These are good things.

>Stop making shit up and acting like its everyone opinion
It's not everyone's opinion. Only people who were raised with actually good games. It was however, the exact type of sentiment that lead to formation of Any Forums as you know it now child, so you might want to speak with a bit more respect.

Gaming was in a much better place when Halo was still on top. We need to go back.

people bought xboxes just to get halo my dude

It's just call of duty

Exactly this, apart from gems like Goldeneye or Perfect Dark most console FPS were fucking awful.

What the fuck are you on about? Halo on release was incredible.
>Actual decent aiming controls and fluid quick action buttons (eg dedicated grenade throw and melee, normally you'd have to swap to those as a weapon and attack with them)
>Next gen graphics
>Driveable vehicles that weren't just a pre-setup meme segment
>Open outdoor combat zones
>Not shit AI companions
>Slightly eeeked away from ye olde Health pick up system into the limited hit point / recharge shield system

I remember reading PC Gamer magazine for the longest time following Halo development which was hyped up to be this revolutionary game, and to be honest it was. Yeah sure you can list lost of problems but console FPS games were so much more worse before this.

Honestly this
Halo is just the right amount of comfy
Interesting enough to be atmospheric
Basic enough to jump in and out of at a moments notice, like you don’t have to be a scholar to understand the lore but it’s still preddy gud

Halo 1 is actually a lot faster than Call of Duty

>The first FPS to come out that isn't a straight up DOOM clone
This is a joke, right? Ever heard of Blood, Sin, Half-life, System Shock, Armed and Dangerous, Rainbow Six, Operation Flashpoint, Vietcong, Unreal and Unreal Tournament, NOLF, Turok, Strive, Red Faction etc..?
God you console kiddies are fascinatingly delusional.

Yeah Halo is significant because it's basically the first time a console FPS actually felt half as good as a PC FPS did. Like compare Halo to some fucking kusoge like SOCOM, but DON'T compare it to UT or anything, and you'll understand why people went insane over Halo.

spbp

Halo's one of the only shooters where grenades aren't an afterthought, but instead something the game was specifically designed around

it's closer to the original unreal

>people bought xboxes just to get halo my dude
People also stood in line for Transformers 4 premiere. People are dumb.

>Halo development which was hyped up to be this revolutionary game, and to be honest it was
Halo was originally hyped up to be revolutionary because for a very long time, it was meant to be a unique blend of FPS and RTS, with actual inventive mechanics and interesting sounding gameplay.
But it got stuck in dev hell, and then microsoft came in and repurposed it into a shit shooter for console retards who are 10 and don't know any better.
Four of your six "points" basically say "it was not QUITE as absolute garbage as previous console shooters". Congratulation. It's shit, but it isn't EXTREME shit.

The game wasn't a revolution, it was a massive step backwards. It was just aimed at audience with absolutely NO fucking taste or frame of reference.

>muttana
jesus christ

Had a blast playing couch co op with my bro. Lots of fun weapons, good AI and controlls what is their to bitch about you fucking tranny

Halo has no movement inaccuracy mechanics. You're free to jump, move,.. whatever and be as accurate at any time with your weapons. Counter Strike has more in common with Call of Duty than Halo. Halo doesn't play anything like Call of Duty.

Huh, how do I enjoy this with my sister? I heard there was a coop campaign or something

I'm jk

All of the games have split screen coop.

Those games are either different genres (ex. tactical shooter), came out before DOOM (ex. System Shock), came out after Halo (ex. Armed and Dangerous), or are literally DOOM clones (Blood). The couple others like Unreal, I never played unfortunately. I guess you didn't even read my post because I played games on PC. I was young at the time and didn't play every FPS in existence and I also didn't mean the LITERAL first FPS since DOOM you retard, it was just the most notable example.

>Unreal and Unreal Tournament
Subjective and all, but personally Unreal Championship on xbox felt just as good as Halo, infact in terms of multiplayer it was flatout better.
Weird how it all just became about Halo.

Halo is better than pc shooters

It was the goldeneye of the early noughties. Zoomers just wouldn't understand the fun of local coop and pvp.