Boomers thought this was hard in 1984

>boomers thought this was hard in 1984

Attached: 1659796351839771.webm (640x360, 2.92M)

>zoomers think this is fun and engaging gameplay in 2022

Attached: 1654418609405.webm (854x480, 2.76M)

Um actually that didn't come out in 1984

Please clear it on Nightmare and tell me how easy it was faggot.

millenials thought this was impressive in 2009

Attached: 1486045003216.webm (720x406, 2.91M)

Yes

reddit thread

It was when you didn't have a mouse to aim

>boomers still seething because their neurodegenerative disorders disable them from playing Eternal

Is all this intergenerational conflict a boomer psyop? I think zoomers are alright and relate to them way more than gen-x'ers for example and I have never met a millennial that thought otherwise
It feels a bit divide and conquerish tbqfhimo

having a pc with no mouse is more of a personal problem.

No its more of a thats how Doom was designed.

was it?

Attached: file.png (643x427, 12.36K)

Okay now that we've got a strong bait to serve as foundation, lets talk Doom.
I've been playing Reelism 2 via gzdoom lately, but sometimes when loading a map the game crashes without any log or trace of what went wrong. Anyone have ideas?

Yes.

wow thats news to me

Attached: file.png (1152x867, 874.13K)

same thread as yesterday
take your flamewar bait and shove it up your arse

well yeah, boomer minds have degenerated too far to keep up with what is happening

Ya its bullshit. Millennials and Zoomers are usually brothers and sisters. A lot more in common than not though the far ends may be different.

I mean actual boomers probably. Gen X and Y were speed running it and making mods to make it harder and add crazy amounts of enemies.

>Ver 1.7
Yes. Doom was designed for keyboard only. Retards have been trying to rewrite history for a few years because they didn't live through the era firsthand.
Its also called the Sega Master System.
And the PSX.
You will never convince someone that lived through the 80s and 90s it wasn't this way.

People actually complained that Doom was too easy at the time (and if you were good enough to beat Wolf3D's Nocturnal Missions and Spear of Destiny, it really was a cakewalk in comparison), and that's why they added Nightmare difficulty in an update.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-08-07 16-18-18.png (1282x991, 79.13K)

I know I'm in a minority here but I actually really liked the game Doom (1993)

Attached: 1568324498398.png (798x733, 93.49K)

I didn't use a mouse for FPS games until Quake 2, eventually when I tried multiplayer games I couldn't figure out how on earth people could aim and react so quickly.

i dont know why you bothered quoting the post with the paper manual

boomers getting seizures from this lol

>Boomers thought this was entertaining in 1972

Attached: 55C79815-ED76-4076-AFC8-14D59924C308.jpg (618x606, 23.97K)

that wasn't the spooky part
the spooky part was the dark computer room in e1m2 where you had to find the secret path to the chainsaw

Because both of them needed to be told.

I like both.

t. born in 1990

I really just wish they hadn't let weapon swapping be faster than the fire rates. Watching 'pro' footage of Eternal would be a lot less nauseating without the constant weapon switching.

thats the manual that shipped with it on day one. MUH 1.666+ argument doesnt really work when it was written for 0.99.

Kys nerd
Go back to Any Forums

Carmack was always forward thinking. The game was still designed for the everyman and that baseline is how they designed the game.
Conversely, games like driving games actually did design their games with additional peripherals like steering wheels being a control scheme people would realistically use, but those games serve a niche community.
Doom was going for the everyman. Windows having a mouse is more the reason Doom has mouselook now than anything during the design process.

>Go back to Any Forums

Attached: ew.jpg (3000x3000, 1.37M)