In spite of its flaws I really love this game...

In spite of its flaws I really love this game. There's somthing so special about Final Fantasy 7 that no Final Fantasy since or it's own remake has ever managed to recreate. I wasn't even around when it came out so it isn't nostalgia either.

Let's talk about it. What does FF7 mean to you and how did you first play it?

Attached: Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg (313x310, 41.59K)

it's fine but 9 mogs it

SEX (with Tifa)

I liked 9 a lot don't get me wrong. But it's just not quite as good. There's just somthing about the dark science-fantasy atmosphere of 7 that the high fantasy setting of 9 can't do for me.

It had soul.

8 mogs both of them

Attached: lsabxydfc1ezuskj9mwu-636436961.jpg (1600x900, 159.62K)

Absolutely. All the FF games have soul but 6 7 and 9 are SOUL OVERLOAD. Back then big budget AAA game just had so much more personality and soul compared to modern AAA trash.

>skipping 8
??

The remake is better.

Attached: 1659844073062837.webm (853x480, 2.9M)

Only having Fort Condor and the Gold Saucer mini-games weakened the game, but the rest was tolerable to engaging as well as fun.

Attached: 1658629544408401.jpg (1155x935, 93.08K)

The characters were all perfectly written and matched the feel of the original, but the Advent Children-tier Sephiroth fight, destroying fate and basically insulting the fans who bought FF7 to begin with back in the day really dragged this game through the muck.

>insulting the fans who bought FF7 to begin with back in the day
Oh no a bunch of entitled manbabies didn't like it, what a big loss

im emulating it right now and its really fun

Attached: 122.png (1920x1200, 753.98K)

People disliking Advent Children writing aren't manbabies, they just want to play FF7.

This looks better than the steam version

well yea, upscaling models is retarded and is realyl out of place, especially since backgrounds dont get upscaled
plus music is fucked up in the newer releases as well

It honestly still invokes the wonder and magic I felt as a kid when I first played it. I had gamed a little bit up to that point but FF7 was the first game that made me feel like I was legitimately on an adventure. The twists, the characters, locations and lore, and definitely the music captivated me more than any single piece of media has before or since. Sometimes I'm sad that Square has distinctly lost their touch in ways yet still milks the ever loving shit out of FF7 with sometimes questionable quality but I just can't help but be excited every time I see those characters.

Attached: RDT_20220803_0531595538892901576776882.jpg (1324x1500, 160.63K)

scanlines also make it look better

Attached: file.png (1920x1200, 862.46K)

why did they make tifas breasts like half the size in the remake?

9 is distinctly my second favorite after 7. And I played it decades later so it wasn't a nostalgia trip, it's just that good of a game. But 7 was just plain more impactful. Plus I gotta be real, apart from the first 4 parry members, none of the cast ever needs to be there, I always felt 7 had one of the better parties with actual motivations to stick around towards the end. Also Necron was stupid

Yes 8 is the best one for me. Followed by 9 and then 7. (for that era at least)

>Only having Fort Condor and the Gold Saucer mini-games weakened the game

Nigga what? I spent like 3 real world day inside Gold Saucer, not even including the chocobo races.

Triple Triad wasn't consistently fun, especially when they changed the rules up.

Attached: 1564575489463.png (740x516, 471.69K)

It was really that last half of that last chapter. I mean yeah the jannies showed up a few times but were short lived for the most part. But it was just that Singularity that went completely off the rails, it was supposed to be climatic but instead I couldn't stop rolling my eyes it was so cringe. Let's hope that Square understands that was a tangent universe that doesn't resonate with the rest of the world and we don't get anymore AC flying Cloud bullshit.

Attached: Cloud_in_a_vortex_of_Whispers_in_the_ending_of_FFVII_Remake.png (1333x750, 1.39M)

posting anons screenshots from /vr/
pretty good looking crt shaders

Attached: 1659656487356774.jpg (2880x6480, 3.8M)

SE would've lost either way, they would never been able to please both sides. the original fans would never have covered the cost for the remake so they also needed a newer audience. Overall in my opinion the managed to strike a good balance for both the ATB lovers and the ones wanting something faster.
The time jannies soured the story though, hopefully won't come back in the second part.

Attached: 1635021364284.jpg (1400x700, 59.58K)

Attached: 1659662135477267.jpg (2880x2160, 2.76M)

FPBP

> What does FF7 mean to you and how did you first play it?

>Dress up as a woman
>Go to strip club
>Bathe with a group of naked, muscular men
>Go to gangster's mansion
>Heavily implied you're going to get gang raped

I'm pretty sure it fucked me up as a kid.

Really REALLY don't want to use retroarch, anyway to get this particular shader through reshade ?

>Attack whilst it's tail is up

Good advice!

But even if the jannies didn't exist you still got Mecha scarlet, Sephiroth fight against destiny, Gigantic flying bug mech, wacky motorcycle SOLDIER dude type thing and a ton of other ridiculously over the top bosses

Attached: 20220726052043_1.jpg (1920x1080, 263.08K)

no fucking idea man
maybe reshade
im using duckstation myself and just the built in filter cant be bothered to figure shit out and retroarch sucks so bad holy fuck
why cant people make normal interface anymore

This is amazing

9 is a shitty meme for contrarians on Any Forums. same with 5.

yeah, too bad its stuck in retroarch