Why is the playstation brand dying in japan?

Why is the playstation brand dying in japan?
What the fuck happened?

Attached: Cropped-1605209349PS5きょう発売20201113042435811_Data.jpg (2813x1582, 751.1K)

probably because sony doesn't make mobile games

mutts

nogaems

Because they sold out to Americans, alienated their biggest consumer base, started coming up with ridiculous rules for developers to even pitch their games for publishing, censorship, closed most of their Japanese studios down/kicked them out, changed the face button inputs on the PS5 without a way to even change them back.

Shouldn't have botched the PS5 so badly.

You know It's bad when they lose EVEN fucking persona

Attached: 71hAXGYH0iL._AC_SL1056_.jpg (650x1056, 151.99K)

Sony decided Japan doesn't matter

California

Americans. I bought a Switch instead of a PS5. I'm done with their bullshit.

Japanese won't play on home consoles in front of a tv so it's not worth putting resources. No console ever sold as much software as the PS4 so they weren't missed

its literally only because the playstation 5 isnt portable.

Its the sole reason for japan

what games do you need a ps5 to play?

Japanese market has incredibly shit taste in games despite how Any Forums likes to pretend like they're based

Doesn't matter either way because the PS5 is the definition of a no games machine Netflix device.

right this is the garbage Japan likes

Attached: s-l400.jpg (252x400, 51.81K)

PS5 got massively hoarded by resellers and has no games. Nobody could get it and now they don't want it either.

Sony hasn't been for japanese gamers in years and now you are witnessing the results of that

No games

Welcome to the club.

Chip shortage making it impossible to get one. I still don't have one.

It's over sonysisters...

Hopefully it is dying here too. There are only so many cinematic ots tps one can stomach. Same goes for walking sims, open world garbage, all of the shit getting pumped out today that barely even qualify as games.

Why wouldn't it? It has 0 games

>no new japanese games
>farts out only western $70 movies
whuuuu, how come jap people don’t buy????

Consoles in general are dying in Japan, and youngfags care more about smartphone gachas and vtubers than vidya so things are slowly shifting that way.
Switch is still doing well because it's a hybrid, but their whole gaming industry is still in decline each year than the last and has been since the turn of the millennium.

PC usage is unironically rising in Japan.

I get emails from Sony every few months with registration info on PS5s I always delete them lol