This game came out four years ago today, and it's still the most underrated indie RPG of all time

This game came out four years ago today, and it's still the most underrated indie RPG of all time.

Attached: file.png (616x353, 113.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wwtzP9B2fwU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have it but barely played it. I like games like it though, but the beginning seemed lacking in its own identity, it's the only one I'd call an actual Earthbound clone

I love earthbound-y games but didn't like, the writing was so bland.

I'll show YOU a pulsating mass
*unzips dick*

Attached: IMG_20220807_213947_520.jpg (1280x218, 65.71K)

It's closer to a final fantasy 5 clone than an earthbound clone, and even then it does have it's own identity, it's the only earthbound-like that takes place entirely in the dreams of a child.

Where the hell is Knuckle Sandwich

yume nikki

Yeah but JatPM is an actual RPG, and I learned more about Jimmy and his family from JatPM than I did madotsuki from yume nikki

>Omori, Earthbound, Yumi Nikki, Off, [Know it but can't place the name], Lisa, Undertale, Hylics, [Unknown], Jimbo and the pulsating Himbo

Can I get some help on the two unknowns?

Attached: Toast.gif (482x315, 606.06K)

space funeral, end roll

This game was really disappointing. I stuck with it to the end because it gave a constant impression of a major payoff being on the horizon, but that never came. Jimmy jumps the shark hard at the hive early game and never properly follows up on its own concept.

>Jimmy jumps the shark hard at the hive early game
How?

youtube.com/watch?v=wwtzP9B2fwU

By never surpassing that moment, much less coming close to it again. Do you know what jumping the shark means?

holy shit jimmy thread
i agree it's underrated, but i think it definitely has several things that blocked it from really taking off like other earthbound-em-ups
it's long, longer than omori (which itself had generous filler), and a lot of that is just trudging through dungeons with crazy encounter rates
while the combat is probably the best ive seen from an rpg maker game, the game makes you get intimate as hell with its systems, both from the aforementioned trudging and from the fact that several sections are genuinely hard (looking at you, jonathon bear)
small but outsized annoyance about the gameplay, so many encounters and bosses need you to startle them, and the only source of startle for much of the game is jimmy (forma de red-beaked squawker), and that form only unlocks startle for use globally at level fucking 50! hope you enjoy bird jimmy, you're gonna get real used to him. this also means that for exactly as long as it takes to get squawker to level 50, you're not gonna be using other forms, and thus actually enjoying the (very cool) ff5-style job system
finally, the twist is pretty obvious and i found myself through most of the game too preoccupied on whether the obvious twist would really happen to appreciate the moments that genuinely would have landed if i had simply accepted what the premise of the game turned out to be

also, not a complaint by any means, but there are a lot of genuinely disturbing like mr. cat's child rape and/or dismemberment (not necessarily in that order) zone sections, which i found cool but ultimately would have restricted the game's reach

Any other similar games that haven't been discussed to death?

what games do the last 2 characters on the right represent?

End Roll
Literally the game the thread's about

>another, ANOTHER fucking shitty RPG where you play as a kid and it's le quirky cute kiddy cartoon but then ACK! Actually spooky horror all along?!
>is about cancer and depression
>dogshit rpgmaker combat and random encounters 0 seconds in
dropped harder than a brick on my neighbour's bald head in the summer of 2005
Fuck and never post this shit here again

Attached: ZhwZZ__1kF8.jpg (1080x1149, 222.65K)

>Fuck and never post this shit here again
I meant to say "fuck off" but this works even better. Leave this place and go have sex.

I have this newer one

Attached: virgin omori v4.png (5000x210, 913.66K)