What’s this meme with people trying to say Sonic 2 is better than 3?

what’s this meme with people trying to say Sonic 2 is better than 3?
Are people really that nostalgia blinded that they’re willing to knock down the best game in Sonic???

Attached: 1595802663299.jpg (688x480, 108.81K)

i have no nostalgia for sonic and i played all the classic ones last year, 3&k > mania > 2 > cd >1
this is an objective ranking and you cannot prove me wrong

Sonic 3&K might be longer and have more power ups, but that doesn't make it better. 2's level design is much better and more fun to play.

Mania wins by not having Sootopolis

Sonic 2 has far more empty open stretches that let you go fast for little effort. I don't agree, but I can see how someone who is less skilled at the game would think 2 has better flow and spectacle than 3.

2's level design is literally the worst in the classic games.
Cheap ass noob traps and frame 1 badnik attacks, how anyone can like that game is beyond me.

good list

someone tried to say in a sonic thread last night Sonic 2 was better because 3 makes you go too fast and i’m still trying to comprehend

Attached: 1560020190215.jpg (403x335, 18.05K)

As a 3Kfag, I've slowly come to understand why someone can prefer Sonic 2. The levels are shorter and more friendly to speedrunning/time attack which is a big appeal of Sonic. Plus it has more levels with open top areas so you can chain badnik bounces while in 3K, the levels wind up and down and all over the place and are more complex so that isn't really an option. Basically the appeal of 2 is that they took Green Hill from Sonic 1 and designed most of the game like that while 3K kinda did its own thing.

CD is a very fun speedrun game with how open the levels are and how much freedom you have in choosing your route (minus Wacky Workbench 1 and Metallic Madness 2). CD went from being overrated when it was hard to get a hold of, to underrated.

Wacky Workbench isn’t that bad of a level and i’m tired of pretending it is
Cmon CD bros, stand by me!

Attached: 1569208925912.jpg (960x640, 224.9K)

what puts sonic 2 down imo is metropolis zone and everything after, the last area being just two fights without no rings was really disappointing, while in 3 death egg zone is a whole zone and it's great

I think the gimmick with Wacky Workbench 2 where the generator is at the start but it launches you past it and then you have to make your way back is cute.
Otherwise yeah easily the worst zone in the game, act 1 having the generator only be reachable by getting crushed seals the deal.

>because 3 makes you go too fast and i’m still trying to comprehend
???

You can literally outrun the CAMERA in 2. 3 is more restrained by comparison

Was that guy just a retard?

Probably someone who only played Origins since the 3&K port actually has issues with making the game too fast compared to how it was originally.

>Wacky Workbench isn’t that bad of a level
Some opinions just can't be forgiven.

Attached: 1502841553936.jpg (259x207, 17.53K)

1 is underrated. Most of the slow parts people complain about have skips built in

>2's level design is much better and more fun to play.
Oil Shitter, Metropolis, Meme Chase and Pit Fortress isn't better than anything in S3/K, sans Sandopolis act 2.

> more friendly
Code word for "filtered"
A game demanding skill to speedrun is better than thinking speedrunning temple run design is good game design.

For once I will say this, but if you didn't play the games on OG hardware then you didn't play the game. Zoomers need to understand this.

If levels are better because of skips, then the levels werent fun to begin with.

Sonic 1 is a good game since its focused on momentum and maintaining it more than instant speed. Its short lived to make that style of gameplay shine.

>Origins is still shit.
>Likely won't get more patch's because Sega
Ree. Hopefully modders finish the job by Christmas.