Elden Ring

What made it the worst Souls game?

Attached: 1659864159736736.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

All the bosses had the same gimmick of long combos and roll punishing, so they don't feel different. Reusing the few cool fights like 3 times each was pretty shit, too.

what made you a contrarian faggot?

>RPG allows you to become powerful
>this is bad according to OP
>OP in Skyrim threads: Skyrim is bad because of le level scaling, I member when RPGs allowed you to become a GOD

ER is the best Souls game
dont reply to me + ratio + ur whyte

What made you who you are? What was it like growing up for you? Did you have an okay upbringing? Are you doing alright now?

im doing good. its nice not hating things just because they're popular

Dark chocolate or regular milk chocolate? If dark, what percentage?

The 3rd third of the game.
>inb4 but what exactly
Literally all of it.

ER should've ended at Leyndell.

I'm not that guy and don't really care about this thread at all, just like checking up on strangers from time to time and learning a bit about their lives. So you're generally doing well? How do you spend most of your free time? What's your favorite thing to do in a week?

that's not DS2

It's simple really, too many tools to trivialize the game enabling casuals to beat bosses they otherwise shouldn't have.
I bet like 90% of all Malenia kills are in co-op or with some cheesy shit.

it's popular.

Do you think you drink enough water every day? Do you have soda more than once a week?
What is your ideal breakfast?

>What is your ideal breakfast?
Nicotine and caffeine.

imagine sucking elden ring's cock this hard
game sucks

elden ring made me retroactively hate dark souls 2 less
i prefer the shit design but normal more linear souls formula to open world full of fucking nothing

It’s better than DaS2 and 3 but the bosses aren’t very good and the enemy spam in some areas is shit. Siofra River is a great example, the sniper and elemental spam isn’t fun in any way it makes everything tedious and I bet 99% of players ended up just running past everything because there isn’t really any good reason to take the time and kill everything.

>dark souls 1 lets you triviliaze everything with magic
>great rpg depth
>dark souls 3 doesn't let you
>everyone hates it for that
>elden ring lets you again
>everyone hates it for that

A combination of many factors:
Wack balance curve, where the player plateaus earlier than the content, leading to the player character feeling like they become weaker as the game goes on from that point. Snowfield is around where the game seems to hit a reset button that delevels the character back to one. You go from being strong and tanky to dying in three hits against random trash in the span of one area, but you'll likely have a fully upgraded weapon, and hit your damage softcaps at that point, so there's not much room to grow.

Too many spectacle bosses that learned all the wrong lessons from past games. What people liked about bosses like Lady Maria, Gehrman, or Orphan in Bloodborne wasn't just that they were fast and had flashy combo moves, it was how well they flowed with what the player character was capable of, how you had an answer to everything, because you were just as fast as they were. ER has the fast spectacle bosses with the flashy high mobility moves, but the player is back to the ponderous Souls pace, and it just loses all interactivity.

Difficulty in general leans toward being difficult for the wrong reasons. Input reading is fine, but not when it's this aggressive as to be transparent. Every boss has an answer to everything, as opposed to any defined weakness a smart player can exploit. Every other room is an ambush, behind every other door waits an enemy to stab you in the back. Areas become way more videogamey, designed to get a cheap shot in and kill you, as opposed to being filled with enemies acting in a flavorful manner.

Exploration is barely rewarding, fighting anything but bosses in the open world is a waste of time. Most of the items you pick up are pointless souls or ingredients for the tacked-on crafting system. The open world is pretty to look at, but very dull to explore.

NPC content is either unfinished or half-assed, almost none of the characters are memorable in any way, most give you nothing to care about.

Elden Ring is so good that shazamtroons don't have any arguments against it's greatness.

>>everyone hates it for that
no, contrarians hate it because its popular
in reality is a really good game and the only real complaint is that its way too fucking long and overstays its welcome

trying to appeal to the YouTube audience

>Ah, I can see it, clear as day!
ZANZIBART

FORGIVE ME

opinion discarded

I loved elden ring and all the souls games. But hes right elden ring is one of the weakest in the series. It was a fun first playthrough but has 0 replay value. Its not polished, feels unfinished, has the worst lore, and not a single real memorable boss besides the blade of miquella and i cant even remember her name only her death quote. Its still a 9/10 video game and a step in a new direction. But just doesnt hold up, and it hasnt even been a year

pretty solid points here
I enjoyed exploring but I'm clinically retarded so what do I know

I hate using the "contrarian" argument because 'contrarian' usually means "anyone who disagrees with me, ever" but it's really transparently evident with a lot of the people shit talking that they just don't like thing because it takes up so much attention

the poster I quoted above gave very reasonable arguments against the game and is the only person I've seen do so on Any Forums
every other criticism I've seen has been excessively hyperbolic, straight up lying, or shit so retarded that I can't tell if it's a weak attempt at trolling or not

>I enjoyed exploring but I'm clinically retarded so what do I know
I enjoyed exploring as well, but in hindsight it's just not well done. You can pretty easily tell from a glance at your map where you'll find actual content, and where you'll be lucky to get yet another stack of mushrooms, or maybe an Arteria Leaf if you're lucky. Roaming enemies give irrelevant soul amounts, and are only worth bothering with if you really want to farm for their armor. You're also never really forced to fight anything because your horse trivially outruns everything.

They combined worst things from DS2 and DS3 into one game.

Elden Ring is the perfect example of a "10/10, don't want to play it ever again" game

if youre a one weapon meta andy, sure then it has zero replay value.

What made Any Forums cry endlessly about this game?

how would these problems even go about getting fixed? aside from more time in the oven / not including them at all
I've been pondering this question while playing and I can't really think of anything. This seems like the logical conclusion to the witcher 3 - esque game without sacrificing combat too heavily