How the fuck is it so laggy?

>takes 20 seconds to respond every time you click something
>stutters while you scroll

Attached: 1655667341393.png (800x800, 48.13K)

Works on my machine

Modern software development is just a game of gluing lego pieces together and getting happy if it doesn't immediately crash. That's why.

I've never experienced this across dozens of machines including ancient boomer ones I shouldn't be using steam on.

Works on my machine.

It started happening yesterday for me

OP here. I posted the wrong pic, sorry.

Attached: 25c285e020572b4f76b770d6cca272ec.png (1200x630, 41.3K)

Maybe its type to upgrade your i5 2500k user

did you try turning it off and then back on again

This is a cpu allocation problem, either your cpu is starting to fail, or a program is preventing proper usage. I had to upgrade mine recently and had fixed this issue and many more such as streaming stutters on discord. Upgrade your cpu.

Are you properly cooling? Temp monitor? if not just buy a console. It's for braindeads who can't manage systems. Might work better for you.

1. Remember to not inadvertently riddle your computer with viruses/ malware.
2. Get a new computer.

steam big picture mode really needs performance fixes, been laggy for 10 years now

Valve said they would ship a new BPM after the Steam Deck launched, but that's almost 6 months ago so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Check your pc, it's not normal
Steam is smooth on my fucking grandma's laptop while everything else takes 1mn to load

It's been like this for like 5 years

entire client is a performance mess, but its functional so nobody cares. curiously you'll notice the store performance is generally fine - outside of sales - but your library tab performance is a hundred times worse. the whole shit change they did a while back to add the updates and what you've played recently and all that shit like a news feed certainly did the opposite of making performance better.

And you didn't look into it for 5 years? Something is up with your pc, not steam.
Uninstall/reinstall, check cpu usage, run a ccleaner, etc...

The store literally runs off of Unreal engine who thought it was a good idea

I still use windows 7

Attached: 1646935690278.jpg (1169x1116, 83.03K)

webkit

Whenever I play in windowed or borderless mode Unreal shits the bed and turns into a literal unusable slideshow. Anyone else have this problem?