Unlikely/unrealistic Vidya Dreams

So Any Forums, what are those wacky game ideas that have been in your mind, that you know will never happen, but that you can't help but feel would work so well. Here's a list of some of my never evers:

>MGS5 battle royale mode
>Botw battle royale mode
>Metroid other M remake/sequel with analogue movement, opened up map, remixed story, gyro aiming seamlessly switching between first and thir person
>New Zelda with wind waker art style, post spirit tracks but with the fanciest possible Nintendo graphics
>Another Bioshock game set in Columbia, but that isn't complete dogshit
>New Kings field directed by Miyazaki, made by the A team
>Berserk game made by from
>New Star Fox directed by Kamiya
>Jump Ultimate X Smash bros, directed by Sakurai, with tag team mechanics
You get the idea, what would you love to see Any Forums?

Attached: 2016_2_8.jpg (403x403, 20.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_8IQFyoxCxs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would make a strategy game where you play the Kaiju Response Force tasked with protecting the world from kaiju.

Starting out with basic modern military equipment, you'd be sent in in somewhat X-COMish gameplay where your forces are pitted against gigantic kaiju, swarms of little minions and sometimes aliens directing the monsters, with the goal of keeping civilians safe while finding some way to stop the titanic terrors.

The gimmick of the game would be that every kaiju would be procedurally generated, with a unique name, basic powerset, appearance based on hundreds of potential subspecies, and goals (make a nest, find a mate, FUCK SHIT UP, anything a kaiju may want.)

You wouldn't be killing a kaiju in a single sortie, every one would be persistent and have a presence on the world map where they'd emerge and you'd have to keep track of them and find means to hurt them, whittling them down over time. The ways to do this would be extremely varied and up to player choice:
>Develop missiles that can bore through their skin
>Research weak spots unique to each monster you can target during missions
>Reverse-engineer alien tech to mind-control the kaiju and make them obey your commands (and risk them breaking free at an inopportune moment in the future)
>Make contracts with peaceful kaiju to gain their assistance
>Find deceased kaiju and construct mechs from their bones
The list goes on and on. You could even just wait for kaiju to meet one another and sit back to watch them duke it out.

Total freedom in kaiju-fighting fun would be my goal. Win or lose, have fun stepping in the shoes of those poor motherfuckers that in every kaiju film get sent to duke it out with beasts a thousand times their size. Ideally, you could get free DLC to import actual kaiju like Godzilla and Toho's monsters, Gamera, Pacific Rim kaiju, the Beast From 20,000 Fathoms, King Kong, and so on.

youtube.com/watch?v=_8IQFyoxCxs

Attached: Godzilla.jpg (2932x2932, 2.18M)

Sounds kino user. Is there any chance you could work on this? You have a very clear idea, and you know it has a lot of potential

I mainly want a game where you start in some basic area and as you travel, the game gets progressively harder - forever or at least effectively forever, as players would eventually not be able to go further. A game where you always wonder just how much further you can get and what really is out there. I don't even really care about the genre, I just want that idea, though, I think open world survival crafting games could actually pull this off the best.
Some games do this, but very few developer are willing to put in work for a miniscule percentage of players that dedicate hundreds of hours just to see what is next. The best example I can think of would be Devil Daggers, but it doesn't look like there's that much to find beyond where the top players are and the game always starts at the beginning, which isn't the same as gathering resources for a long time just to build a machine that can make you travel through a tough region.

>Minor anguish with vocal air perturbations: the thread.
You know well enough yourself, what will all this empty, dying, starving dream pouring amounts to, in the end.
Get back to reality, don't waste what seconds you have left.

Said the man on Any Forums

Talking and imagining greener pastures aren't the same things.

Expanse space sim. Good space sim.

Says the guy with delusions of being some kind of sagely guide on Any Forums.

What delusions?

You accuse others of deluding themselves and wasting their lives as part of your own fucked-up delusion of pretending you're some kind of badass truth-dropper that can "tell it like it is".

But drooling over imaginary games is a waste of time. At least the Fable dude managed to make money and disappoint people.
You can at least play a ttrpg or something, rather than making another thread about unfulfilled dreams which most of you will never even bother attempt to realize.

Why would you come to this thread? Do you see the irony?

I visit more than one thread, simply because I can.
Do you not do the same?

>unfulfilled dreams which most of you will never even bother attempt to realize
Well the point is that a lot of these are outside of our control. Like no matter how hard I try I'm never gonna be able to make a zelda game, or revive a lond dead sega franchise. What is your problem with people having fun? Maybe you're projecting, because you truly have nothing besides this in your life, qnd you get angry when people use Any Forums in a way that doesn't fit your standards

No I'm not one of those retards that goes to threads to tell people they're having fun the wrong way, no. I know there's no shortage of people like you here so I understand the confusion

Some things are out of control yes, as far as projects by others are concerned.
A reasonable answer this is, I see.
Perhaps you're not so hopeless yet then, that fun doesn't turn into hungry misery.
Be careful to not go into that direction as other anons did.

Yes yes, you made your displeasure about your personal zoo boundaries quite clear, you needn't to continue.

I'd like to see a COD campaign that's actually well written and made by people who understand war beyond just hollywood action movie tropes and wokeism. We haven't had this since COD 4 and WAW.

>missions with a plausible premise and objective
>non-cringy dialogue
>american campaign is about the burgers storming in with overwhelming force only to repeatedly have their resources wasted by bad intel and bureaocratic fuckery
>ukranian campaign where you play as a ukranian draftee trolling russian tank columns with funny american boom tubes
>both campaigns emphasize how you're just one small part of a large fighting force and things don't revolve around you, usually needing to defend something more important or rely on air or armored support
>several named characters die

But it won't happen.

Attached: ukraine.jpg (734x1088, 102.92K)

Hearts of Iron but taking place during the Cold War

>A game with Binding of Isaac-esque gameplay
>Not balanced by a fucking circus or drenched in peepee poopoo jokes
>Repentance-style item philosophy, just go all in on letting players control their opportunities to get items in the first place
>Just as, if not more, moddable

That was East vs West