Which server should I join?

Which server should I join?

Attached: 640px-Final_Fantasy_Logo_XI.jpg (640x394, 42.84K)

the one that serves (you) a 12ga slug through your moronic skull

get lost, pleb.

Depends
Asura is probably the most populated English speaking Server
I hear Behemoth is also extremely populated
There was/is a /vrpg/ group on Phoenix too if you're interested in playing with other anons

Hope that helps

Hard to say really.
Level sync is an issue with all of them and really kills the experience.

what do you mean?
do you still play?

I don't think level-sync is the issue, it's more or less that no one wants to grind except for end-game reasons (job points/mastery/etc) or doing end-game content
To that end you'll be mostly playing alone with Trusts (NPC companions) unless you find other people who want to level with you (which is where level-sync actually comes in handy)
I do not currently play, it's been a hot minute since I have unfortunately, but I can try to answer any questions you have

Level sync allows anyone to sync down to any lower level.
In theory, this is great, as it allows a relatively low playbase to engage with newer members of the server and keep the game alive.

In practice, it leads to min-maxers only ever doing a handful of camps, leading to others being unable to do any other camps due to lack of people unwilling to not min-max. This leads to a lack of economy of these levels, and with nobody producing gear for these level ranges even if you made a set group for it.

Basically, you end up doing Valkurm Dunes or Tunnel on loop.

Ah, that's rather unfortunate, but I can see where you're coming from
I suppose it depends on the type of people you're playing with, as my leveling experience was more different with a couple other people
We followed a leveling guide which took us to quite a few different areas between levels and used Sparks to buy our gear when we felt it was a good time to upgrade

valkurm dunes is the best exp for levelling? i've been out of ffxi for years and never tried level sync.

what do minmaxers do at those level for example?

Level-sync just means you can go from 50 down to 13 with other low level people and get the same EXP amounts as you would in a level 55 party killing IT lizards and pugils at Valkrum
Maybe it's been a solved situation, but I can't see that being all to efficient as most jobs are locked out of their good tools at such a low level, and chaining would be rather hard to do
It's also the first I've heard of leveling min-maxers being a thing though outside of Apex parties, so who knows

My B, I thought you niggas were talking about Private Severs.
None of this applies to retail. So, ignore it if you're doing that.

But, to answer the questions:
On Private servers Valkurm dunes is not the best EXP for levelling, but, it's the easiest as it's where the game is at it's simplest and easiest to mindlessly play, with an ample supply of new party members to replace whoever has to leave.

As for what Minmaxers do, they'll fight worms in the tunnel, typically as a group of 5, bringing in ranged weapons, silencing the worm so it can't fight back and then unloading on it. The 6th party member will just be some random they invite to keep the other 5 at the optimal level to gain EXP.

it's that difficult to farm in a crowded server like Asura?

All good, that makes sense
When you say farm, do you mean farming for items or leveling?
You should have free roam in terms of leveling almost everywhere in XI straight up to 99, with only maybe some of the absolute end areas being populated with people for capacity/job/mastery points (points that you can earn after reaching level cap which can be used to unlock special benefits for your jobs)
In general farming for items in most areas you should have free roam as well

alright thanks. I heard there are many bots also. So the usual nm like lizz/emperor/argus are camped a lot I imagine?

Asura is the most populated so you would have better luck finding parties there, unlike XIV there is no realm visitation.

Those drops are all rare/ex now and are mostly outclassed by other pieces of equipment, so not really
Their spawns are just as long and annoying though
I actually encountered Emperor one day randomly while leveling with Trusts in the Dunes, sitting there unclaimed, gave me a chuckle how much has changed

If you're aware of NMs though, any NM that does drop a relevant piece of equipment that's still used in end-game stuff will probably see a couple people waiting for them on occasion
When I played though Unity NMs were popular and dropped a lot of end-game relevant stuff, and those are basically pay points to buy a spawn item for a NM
Seems XI has shifted more towards that route more recently with their NMs

I don't know what are unity nms but thanks for the info. Doesn't seem that bad as I was thinking

I'm on Shiva but Phoenix is /ourserver/
Asura is bot/mercenary hell so be careful about going there but it should be highly populated.

how many people are on phoenix?

638 online right now, and about 20 people in the linkshell, on at various hours.

not bad.
>bot/mercenary hell
sounds annoying af :/