Sim racing looks fun as hell. is it as fun as it looks?

sim racing looks fun as hell. is it as fun as it looks?

Attached: Capture.jpg (1163x857, 109.68K)

Why not just drive in real life
>inb4 why not just shoot people in real life bro lolololol

uh no

idk about driving sims, but flight sims are absolute blast

>play mario
>why not just go jump outside lololol

It's a niche like games should be.
If (You) like simulators, then it may be fun for you.
For the majority of gamers however, it isn't. This is in no way makes a game bad, it just means the game isn't fun for THAT particular player or audience.

Captha: 0PNTR (you can't make this shit up)

Attached: kek.png (303x173, 8.49K)

It is but Horizon 5 is not really a sim racer. It's also very expensive for a good setup.

Attached: 20220204214845_1.jpg (2560x1440, 540.03K)

It is if you have a wheel with good force feedback.
Gas is expensive and the road is full of idiots. Enjoy getting t-boned by some retard that ran red.

yes it is, once you go steering wheel then racers on a gamepad seems like going back to the 18th century

what game is that?

Yeah it's definitely fun as hell. Immersive as shit. Next to VR the next best thing I'd say. I had a ton of fun roleplaying in FH4 and a little bit in 5. The transition to a wheel is a bit difficult in the beginning and to really make it work you need a dedicated space at home for it. Best would be a self-built cockpit with a nice monitor, a real car seat that is close to the ground, none of that shitty office chair wheel stand shit that you fold together after you are done. The ultimate dream is to have a dedicated corner with a real rig. Building it yourself from X-shaped aluminum bars will cost you some 200, maybe $300 USD, then you need a decent wheel and pedals, which will cost you another $200-300, depending what and where you buy. I got a good deal on the Thrustmaster T300RS GT for less than $200 and it's a great entry model. You need dedication, space, money to make it all work, but when you do, it'll feel great if you're into driving and racing.

Not gonna lie, when I went for wheel gameplay I'd always be in the back of the pack in most online races, but there is something ... I don't know. Some satisfaction from driving as clean as you can. Driving with your own car that you tuned yourself to the best of your abilities. Wordless bonds forge themselves with your like-minded bros who struggle with you at the back of the grid, improving your times not by a hundreth of a second but by entire seconds. It's fun... free roaming, getting and understanding the machanics of tuning a car. It's a whole entire world to be discovered and current gen sims look and feel amazing. Make sure you have great sound output as well, some games sound insanely good and have great soundtracks.

Again, a really steep entry but if you're remotely into cars it's worth it. I wouldn't consider myself a car games main either, but it just feels good from time to time.

hint: its in his post

Attached: 1593083299956.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

Are you batman?

Attached: 1464615711159985936.jpg (600x750, 26.9K)

>JUST FUCKIN STRAP YOUR BOOTS ON, GET OUTSIDE AND PAY $40 TO DRIVE A BLOCK KID

if you actually have a fast car, sims aren't as appealing. literally just go drive irl.

race game wise I only play Forza Horizon and NFS with a controller.

Attached: 20210302_102060.jpg (1000x630, 233.34K)

you can buy some shitbox car with the price of sim wheel alone and experience real g forces and proper fun
driving one around in some dirt track is 100000x more fun than some tryhard setup on your pc
even if youre some gucci loafers citycvck theres probably some private offroad nearby you can get access by asking the land owner

Rally is. 1930s - 1980s track racing is. Post 80s track - especially F1 is aids.

Get on the 1930s version of Spa in a 50s F1 car and it's brilliant.

IS THAT A

Most people don't own race cars and have closed off personal tracks to go fast on without having the cops fuck them. Also, gas is expensive. Shut up nigger.

Attached: 1659615353264620.png (478x351, 172.21K)

>drive any car you want with no consequence
vs
>drive the same shitbox daily, can only change specs if you have a full garage or tons of money, can only drive as far as you can afford in gas, racing is extremely expensive and dangerous.

you're a fucking retard

This, racing fucking guzzles fuel and professionals die in accidents all the time, let alone some chink in a "fast car" rice rig pretending like he's in Initial D speeding and cutting people off on the highway.

Attached: 1659540711603970.jpg (330x319, 25.76K)

Just go drive in real life lmao, and good luck finding an affordable Supra.

Whats the difference though