Evo 2022

What went wrong?

Attached: image-b740d984e77f8986f74dd5494e65f6f6.png (280x280, 25.7K)

Shit and dead genre

No Smash.

Games are kinda boring desu.

Ads every 2 sets

And thats a good thing.

idk because I haven't watched it since like 2016

This

Marvel shouldn't have died

Main streams having like 30% of the time actually showing games instead of ads, the will be back soon screen or empty chairs. Are the stages far from the regular playing area? Most of the side streams have been all games all the time

Not enough gatekeeping. I miss 2012 niggers chimping out and Fchamp calling everyone a faggot. I miss seeing Sherry's fat fucking coochie bulge even though she's a solid 4 (debatable). And yes, Marvel 3 never should've died, especially to MVCI.

KOF has been great

spbp

There's 15 minutes of ads every 5 minutes of gameplay.

Other than that, it's good to have Evo back and they're doing a good job.

>Shit games
>Ads every 10 minutes
>Soulless commentary
>Muted crowd

MVC3 was the hypest I've ever seen, really shows how fighting games have grown safe and boring these days. Cheesy bullshit is very important for fightans

Attached: 1634341418858.gif (500x281, 486.64K)

MVC3 fucking sucks

no u

Everything touched by Sony goes to shit.

Announcing Rollback as a feature when it should have been a standard from the start is disgraceful. Might as well say "we have nothing to announce, but at least you can at last play the game... next year."

Attached: 1657142332022.jpg (1079x968, 87.6K)

Basically.

I'm glad Arc is stopping being retarded and adding rollback to everything (besides Xrd and Grandblue kekw), but this shit should've been standard ages ago. The netcode for fighting games since X-box Live (bar DOA2U) has been atrociously bad and I don't know how anyone played this genre online.

I hope people remember about Samsho one year from now. It's a genuinely good game.

This happened.

Attached: 08.252.jpg (368x656, 50.73K)

If they add Crossplay to it, I'd definitely buy it. As a Xbox owner, fighting games outside of the popular ones (MK,SF,Tekken,DBFZ) its either dead or only populated by biggest tryhards. KoF getting Crossplay makes me excited to put more time into it.

Same thing that happened to every eSport. "Muh professionalism" retards took over the scene and every fun personality was ostracized. Now you have boring ass tournaments.

Something something not invented here syndrome

Honestly Disney making Marvel Infinite go to shit because of autism over muh MCU and can't let muh characters look weaker than the other side, along-side the infinity stone shit and a few other things on Capcom's side is what I feel truly began the countdown to the end of EVO and a lot of FGC excitement that wasn't announcements. Some oldfags might say Street Fighter is EVO's lifeblood, but most who actually experienced things know that MvC essentially was the actual heart and soul of the whole thing. Once it died off and Disney went nuclear autism trying to kill off and remove literally everything else, it was the beginning of the end.

They could get away with it back then cause no one gave a shit. If you actually wanted to play you'd go to your fucking local unless you didn't have one then you were shit outta luck. Covid made everyone aware of how important proper online is.