Why are the colors of breath of the wild so washed out? Did nintendo make it look worse on purpose?

Why are the colors of breath of the wild so washed out? Did nintendo make it look worse on purpose?

Attached: ED8BD93C-F60F-4AEF-9E49-E1E1768AF909.png (1920x1090, 3.4M)

All Shitch games look like this

It uses LDR color space intentionally, although the reason why is uncertain. Possibly more efficient for shader calculations, but that's just my speculation.

Dunno. Limited color depth to save bandwidth?
Bothers me not since I don't play on the limited hardware.

Attached: 720p no visual mods (switch) vs 10K with visual mods (PC).webm (2048x970, 2.67M)

Ummm... sweaty, you're not allowed to criticize any aspect of BotW. Don't make me post the image.

Attached: botw soundtrack.gif (500x293, 1.57M)

both look like shit

It fits the game.

Nintendo is the Mappa of video games.

One looks like a shitball from a bunny
The other looks like the pile of shit from Jurassic Park

One is less shit and unless you're retarded you should know which.

they probably thought it made things look more atmospheric, but it just makes everything look crap

Volumetric fog adds depth to an open area shot like this. Notice the detail lost without fog in the upper right hill area of

BOTW would look very small without this kind of tricks.

Attached: Screenshot%20(29)[1].png (2560x1440, 3.3M)

BREATH OF THE WOMEN IS THE MOST S01BOY NUMALE POZZED ZELDA GAME OVERRATED SOUL LESS UBISOFT TOWERS NO GOOD DUNGEONS PLAY TWI LIGHT PRINCESS INSTEAD I LOVE MIDNA

Are you playing in 360p with upscaling?
Jesus fuck...

Attached: Link.png (900x900, 477.25K)

How dare you post this defamatory gif!? Delete this immediately.

I had to fuck with my tvs black levels and shit to try to minimize this

Botw is a hideously ugly game.

Probably something like this to keep it smooth in handheld and docked modes. Like when me and my bros are docking we use a little baby oil to make sure there's a nice slick connection.

Since it's Nintendo I'll assume it's something to do with old, weak hardware which is their specialty.

Not my screenshot, I'm actually playing on a 2k widescreen at 144 fps.

Thats not volumetriic fog user.
How can you tell? Because the detail suppression don't scale with distance.

Lol wut? I'm not talking about the modded LOD distance. Fog adds depth between distant objects. See