Are sorcerers really that shit? The giant spells look so cool...

Are sorcerers really that shit? The giant spells look so cool. I'm downloading the game for the first time and reading some stuff about the game, and almost everything I read about sorcerers says they are really lackluster. And for my second choice, mystic knight, everyone seems to point out that the self buffs don't last very long, and you end up just spamming the ball ability anyway. I picked up the game because I was asking for a game that had awesome magic, funny that 1/2 the people say DD has amazing magic, and the other 1/2 say sorc is garbage.

Attached: DragonsDogma.jpg (250x310, 43.47K)

Sorcerers are fine but you gotta get aggressive pawns that will fight so you can cast. You probably also want to start experimenting with less combat-direct classes in NG+, not out the gate, so if you hate those classes at the start come back to them when you're at max level.

Mystic Knight, iirc, is super versatile - you can use a sword/mace, staff, or enchanted shield in any combo, so if you want you can debuff bad guys with good blocking, or cast aggressive magic, or buff yourself and your team, or do the mystic cannon meta.

mage is the only weak class

Sorcerer is powerful and flashy, but uninteractive and kind of boring. That's why half the people say it's good and half say it's bad. It's good in the sense of effects, but the actual gameplay is not interesting. Sorcerer also doesn't interact with two of the game's coolest features, climbing monsters and targeting bodyparts.

The pure magic classes are best left to pawns but the hybrid magic classes like mystic knight and magic archer are fun and very good.

Can you do weapon buffs, shield buffs with perfect block thing, and magic cannon all on one load out with mystic knight? Seems like it might be fun to go melee with self buffs and perfect block for normal enemies, then magic cannon for large enemies.

Attached: 1657002472415.jpg (933x753, 48.34K)

Hey, they are great as a main pawn. Wouldn't choose another class for my pawn, ever.

This and she should be a loli.

Attached: 1612067729703.jpg (1013x1433, 236.87K)

>and you end up just spamming the ball ability anyway
Only faggots do that. The true way to play MK is to be agressive and use your shield to parry shit.

Or just use both? Melee enchanted and parries for average enemies, cannon for large enemies.

yes, weapon buffs are a shield skill. They hit everyone at once but they dont last as long as the single target ones from mage/sorc. Shield buffs are self explanatory, and magic cannon is a sword/mace skill.

Sorcerer is awesome but just kinda boring to actually play. You spend all your time either standing in one spot charging a spell, or running from enemies while waiting for your stamina to recharge so you can start casting again. It's an awesome class for your main pawn though.

Mystic Knight is also incredibly based if you git gud at parrying. It also has the strongest weapon buff, Abyssal something. Slap that onto a mace and stack an elemental buff and you can actually do more raw damage than a warrior in most cases. The problem is the buffs don't last too long, so you gotta time your casts just right so you can inflict max damage at opportune moments.

remember to give your sorc pawns brontide :^)

Attached: HEY GUYS WHATS GOING ON OVER HERE.jpg (245x253, 18.58K)

Sorcerer is fu-zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

>two threads
ez game

Attached: cymbal.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

>abuses teh fuck out of meta garbage he read online
>LOL SO EASY LOL XDD

>meta garbage he read online
projecting
cope
seethe

The only thing I hate about any shield class is that grabs are unparriable and have little to no tell, plus retarded tracking.

Is the mistic archer good?

Its fantastic. Tried it for the first time recently. Only downside is you don't have enough slots for everything you want.

I'll have to give it a try then

It's fun, but once you get to BBI it's absolutely busted because of how it's laid out. No other class is even half as good as magic archer at end game, so don't play it for your first character, it will ruin any other playthrough.

The proper way to do things is loli arisen, adult pawn.

Attached: 20220724185014_1.jpg (1366x768, 265.89K)

all these people saying sorc is boring are playing it wrong. bring 3 sorc pawns and piggyback off of their big spells then they're about to finish casting, then use medium spells like comestion until you get another chance to cast a .5 sec cast-time bolide. it's fast, it's fun, and it's absolutely devastating.

ranger is the best don't reply you know it's true

I gotta put Strider up there too in terms of being OP. Brain Splitter and mounted Thousand Kisses can melt bosses with the right augments.

I used both magick damage boost augments for MA but I wonder what's the best augments to make it the most busted.

Out of the 3 hybrid classes:
Assassin > Magick Archer > Mystic Knight

Assassin's only cons are its augments, which you can take from other classes like Warrior anyway. But M. Archer and Knight have big cons due to their damage being split between magic and physical. Assassin have the highest damage in the game and you can basically use any weapons you want from shield and sword to daggers and bows. Assassin is basically a cheat class. Strider being the second most broken class in the game.

>Assassin > Magick Archer > Mystic Knight
Only if you're using blast arrows.
And if you are - Ranger is stronger,

Sorry user but I don't want to be a little girl...