Metal Gear Solid 4

Does it still up hold to this day? Did V make it obsolete?

Attached: 20220807_100635.jpg (1628x1313, 190.98K)

Imagine that arse riding a bbcl.

>Meryl

If MGS4 came out like, 3 years ago, there would still be daily "Solid Cuck" threads. That's not to say there weren't people flipping out over Johnny on this board, then, but it would have caused a far more obsessive reaction a decade later.

Johnny is literally me.

Ugly gorilla

I feel sorry for your gastrointestinal problems user

but V and 4 aren't remotely similar

Wasn't Johnny supposed to become the next protagonist of the Metal Gear series?

Attached: 1649841201866.png (1326x2360, 1.49M)

Johnny is a shit character (ha), that's the main issue. Nobody cared about Meryl in 4 like in the first one, Otacon and Sunny were the popular characters. And if you hate women, there's already Rosemary and Naomi.

Attached: 5c800a46c.jpg (850x1202, 96.89K)

>redhead in skin tight suit

good fucking lord

V and 4 are completely different games with different strengths and weaknesses. But I wouldn't say 4 holds up very well on its own. Now that the graphics aren't that impressive, the insane amount of cutscenes is a lot less bearable, and on a second playthrough you notice how terrible a lot of the writing is.

MGS4 is a cluster fuck with some kino moments. The first 2 acts are fun but V is definitely superior to those two. Act 4 is nostalgia kino but imo the hand robot things are shit enemies to deal with.

Overall it's a mediocre game with some amazing fan service peppered throughout. From a pure gameplay point of view both MGSV and Peace Walker are much better if we're talking about mechanics and stealth missions, but MGS4 wins out when it comes to bosses and peak Kojima nonsense.

Gameplay, animation and mechanics rival that of MGSV in terms of streamlined but also complex.

Sound design is best of the series. The main issue is all the cinematics. You'd think Kojimer learned a thing or two after MGS3 (and 2), but instead he went all fucking soap opera on the game. So much dialogue and action is useless, time wasting trash.

Does it still hold up? its a decent game but replaying definately becomes a snorefest because you walk 20 feet and have the options of sitting through a 5 minute cutscene or skipping it only to walk another 100 feet and have the same thing happen. at least it still feels like a metal gear game with easter eggs and weird codec calls.

Attached: gorilla.jpg (500x400, 78.23K)

>Sound design is best of the series. The main issue is all the cinematics. You'd think Kojimer learned a thing or two after MGS3 (and 2), but instead he went all fucking soap opera on the game.
I think its because he was literally getting death threats to wrap up the story and make a new game so he tried his best to tie everything together and went full retard with exposition dumps. All so that knife-wielding fans would stop accosting him in the streets

Oh god no, if there is a new MGS protag, then just clone Raiden or something (not like a new one is happening.

Nanomachienes, son.

PUFFY VULVA UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I wouldn't replay it but it has some of the highest peaks in the series (Rex vs Ray, microwave corridor, the final boss,...).

V never real fifth Metal Gear Solid. Just short for Vemon.

It was a pretty shit game desu
The ending exposition put me in a coma