Are mechanical keyboards neccesary if you want to properly play games on the pc?

Are mechanical keyboards neccesary if you want to properly play games on the pc?

Attached: tsuneami.jpg (1454x1380, 189.51K)

fuck no, it's one of the least important peripherals possible. The only problem is with rollover or whatever if you're pressing like a bunch of keys at once but most keyboards should be ok

Most keyboards are not OK, mechanical ones have some baseline degree of quality which means they usually avoid it.

No, but they're really good for typing and it's probably a good idea to have one if you're sat at your PC often.

the keyboard is literally the most important pheripheral, its what you'll be using the most when using the pc, mice are the least important pheripheral because even the shittiest mice should do the job fine,a shitty keyboard cant do the job just fine

no. like the other user said, keyboards are one of the least important items. a good old beige keyboard from your mom's PC will work fine. of course a gaymer keyboard with flashy lights will have marginally better response and shit but nothing you'll notice unless you play pro level esports

nah
also they can be very noisy which can be annoying

Yes. Make sure to pick one with japanese characters that even japanese people don't use.

actually that is not true, your monms old keyboard will have 2 key rollover likely which is horrible for gaming

>he doesnt like audible feedback
shit taste, not a real computer user

they just feel good (lubed linear switches).
if you spend hundreds of hours a year on your pc, you might as well invest in nice peripherals to make your time as comfy as possible

not really but get at least membrane keyboard with n-key rollover and 1000hz polling (but for few buck more you could pick mechanical one)

>asks for opinions on faggot tier tkl rgb ridden shit
God i fucking hate zoomers so much

i want a keyboard with feather light key presses lowest actuation force

>implying mechanical keyboards are a zoomer thing
they've been around since before rubber domes, accept that you will never be a boomer

cherry mx or gateron reds

i didn't say that
but a lot of people mind it

>caring if other people find the noise annoying
man shut the fuck up you beta nigger
>inb4 you actually shut up for real because you are afraid of me being bothered by your presence
lmao beta bitch

you're actually angry over this
bit weird

just funny cuz im talking to a pleb with no idea about switches or artisanal keycaps. I'm talkin to a beta bitch

have fun with your toys friend

>Op pic is a tkl amalgamation of faggotry and rgb from reddit
>brings up mechanical keyboards for some reason
God the autism has really done a number on you huh?
Go back.

it's art, not a toy. enjoy the mushy keys friend. no tactility for your pleb shite

No it’s not. Use a butterfly switch keyboard and nothing really changes. Many people even prefer it. But use a 10 dollar mice over a 150 one and it’s a huge difference

>mushy keys
i use a mechanical keyboard though

No.
I advise you to stick with mid-range keyboards. Don't have to be mechanical or "gaming." You'll get disappointed when you see Tournament Edition stuff get scuffed or scratched, paint flaked or chipped off, and LEDs die out.

Prioritize computer hardware over accessories or paraphernalia.

Like gaming mice they're a meme.

sure bro

i have used a 150 dollar mice before, didnt feel any different from my 5 dollar one outside of build quality but who gives a shit, just replace the mouse its like 5 dollars lmao

mechanical keyboards are just objectively better, also mechanical is literally what all passable mid range keyboards are, there is no mid range membrane because they all suck lmao

Good headset I would argue is the most important pheripheral as it copvers both your mic and hearing. Sound being extremely important in all shooters and mic if you want to be a real person.

I played for years on $8 walmart keyboards when I was a broke ass bitch and I reached LEM. Now I use a fancy mechanical keyboard which I love to death and I probably couldn't get out of silver 6. Sure I'm just older and don't practice as much but point stands the keyboard doesn't magically make me good at the game. Mechanical keyboards are superior in everyway to other keyboards so if you can get one do, but its not necessary at all. Very much a Fight Stick vs Gamepad situation

i will never understand people who try to go "its jsut a meme bro"
the only real meme are rubber domes as they have been around for a extreme short amount of time and were literally made to be as cheap as possible. Mechanical keyboards are keyboards returning to form and being high quality pheripherals once more

actually epic gamer companies sell membrane keyboards in the midrange or call them memchanical or some other deceptive word to sucker idiots into buying a shitty membrane keyboard with gamer lights for 50 dollars instead of 15.

>Very much a Fight Stick vs Gamepad situation
heres the thing, keyboards are objectively better than both for fighting games.
>muh hitbox
literally just a giant keyboard that has less use cases, retard tier. Just use a keyboard

memchanical is a real thing, I got one for $70 and I can guarantee it's better than the crap you're using

A few people actually brought keyboards to top 32 for multiversus at evo. But all the winners had regular gamepads

No but they're nice to have. Spend money on a good mouse first.

it's consoomer shit, membrane keyboards are completely fine

Step aside, faggots

Attached: mk550.png (679x413, 170.88K)

They're just keyboards bro.

Just find one you like and stick with it, whatever it is.

Its not entirely necessary, but if you spend quite a good amount of time using a keyboard, you might as well get something that feels good on the touch no? And you can get a mechanical keyboard for like $30 on ali if you want to try the waters.

>multiversus

Attached: 1643279399246.png (314x296, 2.19K)

used this up until a year ago
ancient, but comfy

ive got a fully mechanical keyboard with no gamer lights on it and NKRO and it was only 90 bux new. you got scammed lol.

Attached: 1658250366919235.gif (498x498, 1.76M)

why would you ever use something like that, that looks horrible and soulless

what do you mean "soulless"? it's a mouse and keyboard.

bitch you paid 70 bucks for a glorified dome with slider, you realize you could have gotten a nmb dome with slider or btc dome with slider for like 10 bucks on ebay that would have been the exact same expierence right?

hell you could have gotten a keychron c1 and that would have been a great keyboard