Live A Live

God damn, I just finished Wild West and Present Day.
This game should just be Kino A Kino. I fucking love it so much bros.
The remake is my first exposure to it really and I'm in love. Definitely high up on my list this year.
Any tips for Near Future? Got that and Ninja left, and I'm leaning towards MASSACRE.

Attached: 1659803096953520.jpg (1189x879, 1.37M)

Don't kill any women you encounter in the Ninja chapter except for the one in the storehouse, the woman with the cat shadow, and Ode Iou's daughter: Sparing the women is the only way to get a good accessory or the complete 100 kills (because the woman who gives you the accessory also counts towards your kill total). Also, there's a man who causes you to miss out on the 100 kills if you kill him before a certain point because killing him causes some women to be unavailable for the kill.

For near future, try to craft as many of the weird robot weapons as you can. You can get them from upgrading bombs and stuff.

Attached: 25037C9D-410A-4DFA-9F3E-EB7D2491F6E1.jpg (1998x1418, 2.07M)

random encounters later ruin this game

they shoulda given you a slider like Bravely Default. You can always instaflee so it wouldn’t really make things easier. I think the encounter rate is slightly lower than the original game, but the new load times don’t help. I don’t think the encounters “ruin” things but I can see how they’d piss people off.

Is there multiple lockout points in the Ninja route or is it just this one instance? Would I guess pretty easily when this moment arrives?

There’s another missable guy with the reverse problem, you have to kill him BEFORE a certain point. The 100/0 kill runs are kinda ridiculous to do blind because of stuff like this.

did people hate the "near future" chapter in the original? I'm enjoying it

Going in order from past to future. Love prehistory, really like China, really like Japan, just about love the old west, don't really like the wrestler (mostly because of that Indian faggot filtering me over and over. Now I am on the near future and it is really shitty. This is like playing the world's most boring anime. Does it get better in the final chapters? Is the cube chapter any good? I am seriously considering dropping it

the crafting was more tedious and the encounters in the building were a lot harder to avoid. Additionally, all of Akira’s magic attacks had charge times. I always liked it but understand why others didn’t.

Multiple lockouts for either 100% or 0%. You're not likely to do either on your first try without a guide.

that castle in jap felt like it was the same castle in sekiro. absolute kino

Akira was much weaker. He was a complete liability originally. I just wish they hadn't telegraphed for you to read everyone's minds when you walk up to them in the remake.
Also bros, I can't believe they didn't translate Pogo's only word. Unironically, what were they thinking? It even ruins the final boss dialogue.

Also the difficulty changes to the game really fucked up the present day chapters. They shouldn't have left those roughly as hard as they used to be, because it's way too short now.

its a bit of pun that doesn’t work, but they took the dumber option of “which meaning to lose”.

I actually found Present Day to be a nice little challenge if you're trying to learn all the moves. I was expecting to breeze past that one.

Lmao the pun is not worth thematic loss of the first word ever spoken being missed out. Very frustrating that they would chose to preserve the sex pun instead.

Do you think they..?

Attached: 15002234.png (753x823, 231.2K)

Fair enough, but picking and choosing which encounters to go for first to help you overcome the rest seems to be what the chapter was designed for originally. Sucks to lose out on that.
Wouldn't have minded a hard mode select for that one if they were worried about scaring people off. Not that it was ever that hard to begin with.

There is another thing that I remember now that I think about it: If you're going for a 100-kill run, if you manage to recruit the Mimic Mammet make sure to kill them off by going into a trap or swimming a lot in the pond, because taking him into the end parts (which is not far from where you get them) will cause him to kill off four men for you and they don't count for your kill count if this happens. Thus, it is better to forego the Mimic Mammet in this case unless you really want some additional muscle for Majin Ryuunosuke.

Attached: 1659405989585935.png (660x910, 1.04M)