You saved us, but you'll kill us. I'm sorry. You're a hero... and you have to leave

Attached: 185729481.png (1444x1080, 1.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/15BaeiofWmlD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

N

O

Attached: bang.gif (294x233, 345.82K)

It was a kino ending but makes less sense the more you think about it. It's a 100+ year old vault they're living in, theres a high chance that something else important is gonna break and gonna need fixing with parts they dont have, it would make sense to keep vault dweller around

Also why isnt there an option to kill him and assume the role of overseer yourself, or simply refuse to leave? The other residents would be okay with that because they all see vd as a hero. Or if not, who are any of them to try and stop you?

/thread

>makes less sense the more you think about it
No it doesn't. He's even perfectly straight forward with the reasoning why.

>why isnt there an option to kill him and assume the role of overseer yourself,
That would just martyr him as the one who saw how corrupted by the wasteland you became.

>simply refuse to leave
Then he'd lock you out anyway. If you tried to force your way in, see above.

You saved us, but you'll kill us. I'm sorry. You're a hero... and you have to leave.

Attached: 243214517943.png (800x572, 536.82K)

It would have made infinitely more sense if he said that you have to go because you've probably contracted diseases in the wasteland, diseases that the fragile immune system of the vault dwellers are not made to handle, instead of this "people will try to emulate you!!!!' bullshit.

To be fair that was hinted with Harold.

I wish Fallout 1 were a little longer. I just played it, taking my time and doing all the quests, and it took like 10 hours. The game is practically over by the time you finish doing stuff in Hub.

That's one of the reasons why it's such a good game. It's short, but one of the most memorable experiences ever

Boys kill the overseer. Men understand the returning to vault life would be impossible and let him be

Better to spend 10 hours playing a great game than 100 hours consooming a pointless Bethesda developed electronic slop

People left the vault later anyway

Thinking about it now, The Overseer was both right and wrong in kicking you out.

On one hand, your PC has managed to survive the wasteland and defeat a major threat. You've more or less outgrown any need for the vault, and your celebrity status within the vault community rivals the authority of the overseer. It's not just a matter of who has the power, but, as he said, people would try to follow in the footsteps of their greatest hero, and most likely fail, as evidenced by dwellers sent before the player. Your character just happened to be a miracle, a shot in the dark that actually hit, twice. Would the rest of the vault really have those favor stack for them?

But on the other end, the water chip was prime evidence that the vault will not last forever. Finding a compatible chip, which could be the last ever made, was difficult. Plenty of other systems could fail at any moment. The outside world, albeit ravaged, is showing signs of rebuilding, and just a short distance away is Shady Sands, a community built by residents of a fellow vault, and soon to become a post-nuclear nation with ideals lifted from the former United States.

I mostly just wish the endgame areas didn't feel unfinished. Boneyard has very little to do, and the one Followers of the Apocalypse quest was cut, so you're forced to get the bad ending for them.

More would have left if you were able to give a sermon on the mount about how you're now wasteland jesus thanks to your time flexing on the master and his goons.

vocaroo.com/15BaeiofWmlD

Attached: fallout-3-ghouls-with-hair.jpg (1920x1080, 193.57K)

>They can't leave!
>why
>ThEy JuSt CaNt Ok?

>CanT ReaA But IS WiLIng To Post AnyHow
Cool bory STo

>who are any of them to try and stop you?
how could they?
you are the only one in the vault with power armor or plasma weapons
not like my character needed them though
i always go for the Kenshiro build in these games

>how could they?
Close the door. You might be a walking tank with a futuristic laser gun but the vaults were designed with that tech already developed. The master has high knowledge of the vaults and an army of retards to crack the vault, you don't.

Shoot the overseer outside the vault, close the door, make up shit about a radroach army getting him and besieging the vault