Is there any reason to even have spellcasters in your party? melee seems to absolutely dunk on spells

is there any reason to even have spellcasters in your party? melee seems to absolutely dunk on spells

teleport spell not included

Attached: qCNa6hRH1XzGkRoUdKnNS0Zon3GMomx3.jpg (1024x1024, 316.32K)

Either go full magic or full physical, the only spells are good are the ones that cleanse you of some bullshit debuffs.

necro is op if you build it right
pyrolastic eruption and the dust attacks are good
spamming traps is good too
build correctly and most stuff is really good

as usual, it's up to you. I like to have a full melee, a conjurer, and two casters of different schools.

why? I like variety. lone wolf is only fun for me in co-op.

short awser yes, long anwser also yes. if you just want to melee then give them necromancy at least

Having Rain is convenient for clearing ground effects. Heals and armor recovery spells are useful too, though you could also use consumables for all these things.

Besides that, the game's ultimate cheesy combos that can end entire fights in one turn come from spells. Blood Storm+Grasp of Dead for physical damage, and Pyroclastic Eruption+Meteor for magic damage.

Keepin' it together Bree?

ironically one of the best "melee" builds is a pure Aerothurge

Fire is very good until resists are common, mass throw traps then laser ray will one shot most things

Isn't it literally the exact opposite? Ranged seems the best because melee characters have line of sight issues if there's a fucking pebble in the way.
Even if you have a melee character, you basically need to give them a teleport anyway.
Also unrelated rant, I hate stupid CRPG bullshit where shit is so overpowered that you can't even roleplay properly. Like how an archer character actually should just ignore the actual ranged skills even if you're going for a pure archer class. If you make a hybrid class I get it, but there are just completely useless skills in this game. It's like how in Torchlight 2 if you want to make an archer your best bet is to go around dual wielding wands.
I think the CRPG genre just irks me. And this game in particular is way more limited than it looks on the surface. It's really hard to actually make hybrid classes the way you want without gimping the character, even if you're not on a min/max mentality.

Magic synergy is the best part of the game. Anyone can find a combo that makes the game piss easy, but its fun to blow up massive areas leaving nothing by electrical clouds, necrofire and cursed blood everywhere.

Rain feels like a wasted slot

>max out melee
>adrenaline
>whirlwind
>that one tentacle ranged attack
>dump the rest of your points into necromancy for free heals

Spellcasters in general feel really unrewarding because of how most of your strongest spells are AoE's and hit like a wet noodle unless you've already wore down their magic defense.

Attached: latest.jpg (519x1056, 155.47K)

Guys... Please tell me the story gets good at some point. I'm at act 2 and it fucking sucks.

it doesn't

game peaks in act 2 and everything nosedives once you reach Arx

on a side note fuck whoever thought those assassin squads were a good addition to the game

Completely agree. CRPG is about roleplay with some builds and stats thrown in. Somehow the devs have decided to remove the entire RP part of the game. I hate building games around powergamers. Numbers going up don't make my dick hard. Immersing myself into the story does.

DOS2 balancing depends entirely on when you play the game. On release the balancing was very different, spellcasters were OP as fuck
Melee is pretty shit unless you go also no build is truly OP without skin graft
Necro with blood+grasp/meteor+skin graft is disgusting, you can clear entire screens in 1 turn

I'm one of the few people that actually likes Arx better than Reaper's Coast. Seriously, RC is literally just one big fetch quests.

The foundation is there, I just wish there was some total conversion mod that made it more open. Maybe there is? And also relax the line of sight issues some. Or make movement and attack actions separate.

why did items get so fucking stupid in arx? stats and numbers sky-rocket

Attached: sh.jpg (424x1132, 118.49K)

Apotheosis Pyroclastic eruption Blood Storm

that's hardly a common item

Magic gets a lot stronger once you get savage sortilege + higher level spells
Melee is definitely better early on because they get access to hard CC first

every single slot has an item with stats like that in arx