Games are too long

Games nowadays are unnecessarily long. Specially RPGs which use item drop rates, grinding and repetitive encounters to artificially inflate their game time, for comparison most games back in the day would take you at max 10 hours to complete everything, nowadays it's not unheard of a 100+ hours playthrough. Do games need to be REALLY that long? if you have a huge backlog you are likely to never complete it in your lifetime if the only thing you play is long games.

Attached: replytothisoryourmotherwilldieinhersleeptonight.jpg (240x178, 9.25K)

shut the fuck up lmao nobody cares about your blog just play shorter games

thanks for the bump and reading my blog faggot

RPGs have always been super long my dude. I played Wasteland 1 a while back and it took me almost 30 hours.
You are looking at 20+ hours for the vast majority of RPGs. If you are talking about JRPGs specifically then forget about it, you better set aside at least 50 hours for a modern one.

you are picking long games to play retard

>play shorter games
Any recommendations?

I'm inclined to agree, yes.

Damn Daniel.

Anything that started out in Arcades tends to be short.

Russian roulette

If you think the game is too long then it's just not fun. A game needs to be able to last thousands of hours

Resident Evil series
Ninja Gaiden Black & II or The Master Collection (if you don't have Xbox)
Devil May Cry 3, 4 & 5
Bayonetta & Bayonetta 2
Vanquish

>Noooo I’m getting TOO MUCH bang for my buck how could this be happening to meeeee

That's the mentality of people who play nothing but TF2 to this day, I prefer variety. No game is good enough that it needs more than 20 hours of my time to wrap it up.
True but even your shitty indie nowadays can take 30 hours to complete. Life simulators for one are huge time sink I try to avoid them which is a shame because they seem really charming.

So are we gonna ignore the fact that he's complaining about newer games being too long while posting One Piece?

Well rpgs are inherently going to be long. It's all the other genres that are shoe horning that shit in that's killing things. Now every fucking game has to be 40 plus hours because they stupidly think they need to compete with the next witcher or elder scrolls titles and bumping up play time is somehow the answer.

>paying

>even your shitty indie nowadays can take 30 hours to complete
I tend to avoid shitty games, but that's probably true. I've played some 40+ hours long indie RPGs in the past.

>True but even your shitty indie nowadays can take 30 hours to complete
I've never heard of a 30 hour indie game.

You can stop playing a game at any time. You're under no obligation to do everything in the game.

Pic rel and Azure Striker Gunvolt 2

Attached: C1B1D360-9AFB-414A-A66E-F1830A3238D5.jpg (500x500, 78.82K)

i dont understand why people have a problem with long games. Even if you can only play an hour a day or something that shouldn't stop you from finishing a game you enjoy. It took me a year to finish titan quest

Man...why are games that I absolutely love, never that long to beat. I would give anything for Dragons dogma to be as long as Elden Ring, or for God Hand to be as long as any run of the mill JRPG. That way I could always discover new shit and explore. But no, its always the shit games that I don't like that are 90 hours long.