Any chance of a remaster / sequel of that series?

Any chance of a remaster / sequel of that series?

It was lowkey jank but it had soul.

Attached: King%27s_Field_IV.jpg (266x375, 29.31K)

kf4 is a masterpiece aside from the fucking camera
funny how FROM still has issues with the camera today

I have issues with the snail's pace walking speed. Takes forever to get anywhere.

ds2

I wouldn't call it a masterpiece.
They managed to make KF4 slower than the PS1 games.
I assume they wanted to get rid of the "strafe around enemies out of their attack cone", so they made turning, strafing and walking even more slower. Turning around is a snore.

It's too bad because the game is good aside for the pace.

>remake by Bluepoint Studios

Attached: 1653943385011.jpg (681x625, 212.88K)

>lowkey
Please use proper English when discussing FromSoftware Inc. games. We're not imbeciles here.

The speed of the game is clearly an artistic choice, compare KFIV to their first PS2 title Eternal Ring, that one is much faster and then you have Shadow Tower Abyss which is also much faster and has even better graphics. The slow speed and slow camera adds a lot to the atmosphere and feel of the game, I removed it with a patch and it just ruined it for me.

Attached: mussolini fr.jpg (600x416, 63.02K)

It is undoubtedly a voluntary choice, but that doesn't make it a good one.

>play the ancient city
>mfw you return to the city from the other side, the music hits and you realize it's all interconnected
no wonder miyazaki took the formula and decided to improve on it
so good

Attached: 1570202865349.jpg (1080x1080, 90.86K)

>that doesn't make it a good one.
It does.

Ancient City barely has an interconnectivity. Now try playing the second one(kf1 us).

how hard are KF IV and Shadow Tower: Abyss?
is it more a case of being unfair than actually difficult?

Opinions, etc
For me KF2-3 had a good speed and make combats a bit more dynamics, and offered a bit more alternative to melee than the classic "Attack while advancing, then hit the reverse.)
They also made the stamina regeneration much slower.

Considering they hit a good spot with Shadow Tower abyss, it's weird.

80% of the difficulty of these games stem from the tank movements and pace. The reste is for the occasional die an retry moments if you aren't very careful. Aside from that the combat isn't what you would call "difficult". It's more about how to find your way around and how to progress into the game.

I've played all of them
Ancient city has a good interconnected world, what are you even on about. Maybe you should go and replay the game

>is it more a case of being unfair than actually difficult?
The games are legitimately clunky garbage that aged poorly.
Imagine every bit of dark souls was the same level of QUALITY as Bed of Chaos, while you're playing with tank controls.

t. Emulated

Both games are incredibly easy. It's more about the exploration and atmosphere.

KF2 had the most intricate level design, Ancient City has good level design sure but it's nowhere near interconnected as KF2.

King's Field should come back as a VR title imo. They'd never do a full KF game now that Souls holds that place but King's Field being first person means it fits VR already.

Plus you can give it the very easy title of King's Field V(R)

>being a fan of a game
>wanting a remake
Pick one.

Remasters are fine but quite literally the Souls games are mechanically the same thing but more refined. They play incredibly similarly with many of the same mechanics and story/environmental concepts.

He said remaster.

You're right, but being first person and exploring a lost land hits a bit different than souls game.

I usually like dungeon crawlers, so there's that too.