They took this from you

They took this from you...

Attached: 26836450403_d9a29c8511_z.jpg (640x640, 161.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9sLO7D0wZlA
youtube.com/watch?v=vc-spR0MLJQ
steamcharts.com/app/386360
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what are you talking about?
it got relaunched as Fault: Elder Orb

Attached: ihan.png (304x205, 60.34K)

Who?

i still hurts...

Literally the most fun I had in an online game since UT2004. I still fucking miss it. Also the general was peak comfy. Fuck reddit and those retard devs for killing it.

Any news on when the Predecessor is going to enter any public testing? Fault I heard bad things about, but this one looks nice so far. Although it would be a miracle to actually make it live

>Predecessor
looks like a straight rebrand of paragon?
hope it doesnt become vaporware.

They won a big financial grant to boost their project some time ago. Ironically, in a competition hosted by Epic Games

what was the last update on this game?
i remember watching the paragon beta years ago and then heard nothing for ages and then heard it got shut down and assumed the devs just got shit canned.

so i would be interested to see how far along this game is, but also i cant imagine there is that much work to do right? paragon looked maybe a year away from launch iirc and predecessor is just a reskin of the game they already had right? so what is taking so long?

I played paragon for a few hours and while it was a beautiful game, gameplaywise it was just so fucking unfun
like if they use those assets ontop of smite instead of meme skins

how did the game go from this
youtube.com/watch?v=9sLO7D0wZlA
to this
youtube.com/watch?v=vc-spR0MLJQ

am i retarded or does it look like a major downgrade for 5 years of dev time.

>so what is taking so long?
Unfortunately, they kinda suck with regular updates, so it's hard to say. But do remember that Predecessor is basically a bunch of fans trying to resurrect the game on their own. While they did get all the graphical assets from Epic (those went open access), Paragon itself got deleted, it doesn't exist any more, you can't even launch it. So they still have to make the entire game pretty much from scratch, which I imagine is even harder for something strictly online focused.
Also, they're a much smaller and more amateurish studio than Epic Games.

Sad thing is, even IF they manage to launch it and IF it will be good, the chances for it to actually be successful and have a decent lifespan are fucking slim. Mobas as a genre are on their deathbed, only LoL is holding it together somehow and I imagine that Predecessor's marketing budget is close to being non existent. I'm afraid that the best we can hope for is few months of being somewhat popular. But I just really fucking want to play it again

kek another forgotten mess just like battleborn

>am i retarded
Yeah, kinda.
First is actual Paragon, developed by Epic Games and then suddenly closed and deleted for variety of reasons, some of them kinda unclear. This game doesn't exist any more
The second is Predecessor, which is basically a fan project trying to resurrect it

>Yet another hero shooter
Yeah, we really needed another one of those.

>But do remember that Predecessor is basically a bunch of fans
oh so its not the original devs?
ok i have been thinking it was the original devs the whole time.
thanks

yeh so in conclusion i am retarded.

well i hope the game comes out and is fun.

i agree we should delete all of them and invest all the money into hots, the best moba ever made.

There were a couple of these "fan developed Paragon" projects out there.

I wish them luck, but I think its a very tough genre to work in. There's probably a reason we haven't seen any of these 3rd person mobas make an impact.

>we haven't seen any of these 3rd person mobas make an impact.
except for shite(smite)

>smite
ehh...

the fact that i know its name shows that is a successful game
also
steamcharts.com/app/386360

its not doing great but for such a shit game it is somewhat alive.

first time i even heard of the game, so what did i lost?

If you're into mobas, a one that actually tried to innovate a bit, had fully vertical 3D environment, abilities that packed a satisfying punch and for once didn't look like shit. All in all pretty fun, at least until the devs went full retard.

If you're not into them, not much I guess

Attached: 1517007867607.webm (960x540, 2.51M)