Why does this game feel so random? It feels like I have really little impact and there is no true way to gain MMR...

Why does this game feel so random? It feels like I have really little impact and there is no true way to gain MMR. Recently Ive been picking Lina pos5 and i have more success than actually supporting my teammates. I just go full DMG and nuke people...

Attached: dota2.jpg (400x400, 15.64K)

>picks lina 5 and fucks off to be a psuedo core
>why does it feel like I have no impact?
lol
lmao even

and if I pick something like witch doctor i have less... Im stuck at like 1800 mmr and my team is always shit

If you want to have full control over whether you win or lose, consider playing a 1 vs 1 game. Otherwise maybe you should find four friends to team with?

I uninstalled the game yesterday, it's fucking worthless. I'm a low rank, I deserve to be a low rank as I'm not very good, but climbing is impossible when there's a smurf in every 3 games.
I've had good success playing Shadow Shaman at your MMR. He's got the ability to push and take pressure towers, so when your team isn't taking advantage of a fight victory, you can go and actually play the game for them.

Attached: FGRmYRsX0AQbPar.jpg (1080x1346, 261.26K)

>1800 mmr
quite literally, what you pick doesn't matter
get good with 1-3 heroes and spam them all the way to 4k

Because you can't play support. You actually have to go out of your way: poke, stack and pull, prevent enemy denies and deny creeps. Pos 5 is usually a "macro support", so you don't always build glimmer or force staff. Sometimes you have to rush aghs.

Because you make up 10% of the total impact on the game and matchmaking is rigged against you to get you addicted and make you buy hats

Play something else

you can definetly contribute to wins as traditional pos5. However imo it's easier to contribute more as pos4.
at 1.8k mmr your carries will probably be frustrating to play with most games
and when I came back to dota a year or so ago I re-calibrated to 2.2k and after 5 or so games I gave up supporting and just picked pos3 until I was back to 3k.

Play League of Legends.

witch doctor is a kinda bad hero
try picking a good 5

>608235429
i do pull stack and harass

list of good position 5s
>Marci
>Shadow Shaman
>Warlock
>Ogre Magi

You likely just arent playing the game well enough. Start watching YT videos on how to play support properly and critique your own replays.
Git gud user

Then it's maybe not good enough, how is your creep equilibrium in games? You also have to counter-initiate, help against gankers, stack creeps, give good vision (either offensive or defensive, depending on situation). Stacking more is helpful at low MMR - it yields you more income, and the enemy is less likely to prevent your carry from farming.
I also like WW and Chen, but I don't think novice players should play them.

>select all 5 roles
>play hard sup 90% of the time
>make space for your carry, gets to freefarm 15mins
>he has boots and half a yasha
>lose
>get to play core
>get mouthbreathing pudge support thats afk and play 2v1 vs their offlane, getting no farm at all
>lose
i tried, but nothing works
even pos4 undying and carrying my team hard by healing and tanking a shitload of skills i just get targeted first (as pos4...), get blown up and my team just sits there and watches only to die later
it seems impossible to win
the only winning move is not to play

prob with modern dota, it feels like fucking lol in that it restricts you in everything you play by counterpicking like rock-paper-scissors and currently op heroes...

That's because you focus more on the other players than yourself.
If you dropped a high level player into your bracket, he would shit on everyone regardless of what his team does.

what can i say, its a teamgame after all (or at least was for me when i was 4,2k in ~2015...)

remember brehs
dota is about the journey, not the destination (unless you're really really ridiculously good)
if you don't enjoy playing dota, you're not going to enjoy it more when you're 1k mmr higher or whatever

don't play role-queue if you're comfortable playing support, you're just gimping yourself

i cant spam only one role, thats boring as fuck and i know i can outfarm the average carry at my bracket if my support isnt a complete retard
but now its fucking role-queue and the retarded "MID OR FEED" one trick ponies now NEED to get a few support games in to play mid but rather feed than actually try, i hate role queue so fucking much

Ogre is probably the best one in this list for low MMR. In my bracket (4k) I can get away with building Midas + Octarine, in low MMR you can do that every game and just shit on people with 1 button press.
This. When you get to 1k, you'll have shitters in your team. When you get to 2k - shitters, 3k - shitters, 4k - same, 5k - same. I haven't got to higher ranks, but I think it's the same all the way up.
Also, I strongly believe that if you don't buy Dota+, you'll get worse teammates.

>trench tier faggot
>crying about mmr
LMAO
At that mmr you can pick whatever, i doubt positions even matter

why the fuck does every retard want to "gain mmr"?
It's just a number that makes your opponents stronger

The only winning move is to not play dota, the whole game is set up to be psychologically manipulative to make money from hats. That's literally its only purpose, its not a fun experience, its not a competitive experience, its just addictive.

>It's just a number that makes your opponents stronger
that's the best part?

Attached: azuki.jpg (786x1033, 169.31K)