For no particular reason, I have decided to play this game. What am I in for?

For no particular reason, I have decided to play this game. What am I in for?

Attached: la-mulana-cover.jpg (600x600, 108.02K)

Reading external guides as this game's pretty obstuse and doesn't explain things clearly

frustration all around

Attached: 1642866445683.png (642x832, 62.62K)

A puzzle game pretending to be a metroidvania.
Terrible jumping system and the character controlling like a sack with shit because they wanted to emulate the feeling of msx games
Some actually very impressive bosses all things considered but with a terrible combat balance that gets broken fucking sideways

They're puzzles. Puzzles are meant to be figured out. Holy shit I can't stand guide reading retards like you. Never on a first playthrough do I use a guide. Maybe second, definitely 3rd. But never first.

Yes, we get it. You value your time; too bad that if you truly valued your time, you wouldn't be playing video games anyway.

ludo

Do not use a guide.
Whatever you do, don't look up solutions.

read the manual and take notes

better get a journal ready because you're gonna need it

Isn't there a guide that doesn't spoil anything, just gives better hints or helps lead you to more logical solutions than what the game has available?

Keep a journal with graph paper, draw maps, and establish some sort of rule for looking up solutions, like only looking them up if you're completely stuck with nowhere to go for 30 minutes or something.

A fun time mix of exploration, combat and the most frustrating puzzles you have ever encountered.
Like anons already said, grab some paper and a pen and write shit down

Attached: nani.png (332x179, 132.68K)

>keep telling OP to take notes
>doesn't actually tell him what is worth taking note of, not explaining how far the autism of the game expects of you

>Expecting me to backseat
Naah, that is good enough, the rest is up to him

A masterpiece, the pinnacle of the Metroidvania genre along with it's sequel.

Attached: 42170266_p0.jpg (846x1200, 272.9K)

Imagine a puzzle game where each puzzle is only possible to solve with a hint. Now imagine that all of the hints are provided, but randomly shuffled to completely arbitrary locations across the entire game map. Still a great game. A notebook IRL is absolutely required if you don't want to rely on a guide. Write down everything you read on the tablets

You will be lost, alot.

sounds like true exploration kino

I reccomend that you take a look at the manual (easy to find online) and maybe skip the page that talks about every item if you consider that spoilers. Do this before starting the game.
Also I think you should take notes of things ingame, either on your pc or physically, because you won't remember everything. Good luck user.

Is the sequel better than the first one?

no

what's wrong with it?

should've asked what can this game offer beyond difficulty.

Steam has a spoiler-gree hint guide