Game remake

>game remake
>OST sounds softer with random instruments thrown in

Attached: 1633551116634.jpg (756x756, 419.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QnKOR2HysT0
youtube.com/watch?v=l_Q46nplLkg
youtube.com/watch?v=rSFRubNsoxI
youtube.com/watch?v=-NjqNwHidpk
youtube.com/watch?v=t_MwbglOSlU
youtu.be/Ik4HHSmVEdU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>game remake
>hand crafted assets get replaced with off-the-shelf ones
>every color is toned down until nothing is distinct
>all of the memorable sound effects replaced with stock sounds that are softer and completely forgettable

Honestly, MIDI is just better than real instruments for video game music. Games need their sound to be "punchy". Just look at the Xenoblade 1 remake and the PS4 re-release of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. The remastered tracks are technically "better" but they have the impact of a wet paper bag. There's no "Oomph!"

good post

>mom said it's my time to play on PSX

you're correct, although I do prefer a few XCDE tracks over the originals

just compare those two different versions of the same track,
youtube.com/watch?v=QnKOR2HysT0
youtube.com/watch?v=l_Q46nplLkg
the FFTA2 version unironically sounds way better despite the XII one being fully orchestrated

>and the PS4 re-release of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2
youtube.com/watch?v=rSFRubNsoxI

>That one song in ancient china in the LAL remake
>The pronounced part is subdued
>The subdued part is pronounced
>They literally inverted the whole fucking song and changed the mood it sets
why

you're a fucking retard, you're talking about the standard windows GM midi set, MIDI itself is a way for instruments to communicate with sequencers and other instruments, not whatever the fuck you're talking about. Even then midis still shit compared to the tracker music of the amiga

youtube.com/watch?v=-NjqNwHidpk

MIDI is actually just sequencing data that tells the piano roll which keys and how long and with what force they are actuated, hans zimmer very famously uses virtual instruments which means he uses a MIDI controller which means his music is MIDI music.

Midi fucking SUCKS bro.
Dont even try to say it doesn't. You're literally an ape. Look at Genuinely, theres a reason .ogg files exist now. The only people i could imagine defending midi are retards, boomers, and midimakers (who dont adapt to DAWs)

MIDI is the main way virtual instruments interact wtih DAWs, what the fuck are you on about

Your correct, but completely missing the point.

I'm talking about .midi being used straight in video games you autist. Literally putting a .midi file and using a basic shit soundfont like the original DOOM games and System Shock 1.

I don't really know about trackers but some of their samples still go hard af today

youtube.com/watch?v=t_MwbglOSlU

Trackers are great and can make really good music
youtu.be/Ik4HHSmVEdU is my favorite album (was made on the tracker program OpenMPT)
Granted, I'm biased towards trackers because nostalgia.

not to sound diminishing but you could make that easily with some chiptune plugins in any DAW, I guess you can appreciate the way composers had to work with limitations

spbp

You don't even know what MIDI means you dumb fuck.

bro thats prog jazz r u serious? Dunning Kruger Effect is powerful i guess...
tracker is better for complex genres like Breakcore and sometimes Jazz, but it also depends on your skillset.

But by no means, would it be easy. It's absolutely not lol. if you tried you would find yourself filtered so fast unless your already really good with music writing, production, mixing, etc.

I'm an amateur music producer, and I meant from a sound design perspective. It's not hard to get good sounding freeware chiptune (8/16-bit) libraries, the only tricky instruments are the retro bass and drum, at least for 16-bit, for 8-bit you can make the snare without having any synth programming experience with just a saw wave and a white/pink noise generator.

Ah i see. You're right about that, i wasn't really talking about the sound design of fearofdark, i just really like chiptune music and showing an example of good tracker music. Sorry about being confusing.