Elden Ring has lost over 90% of its players

Elden Ring has lost over 90% of its players

Attached: ER.jpg (720x423, 50.75K)

How? But Any Forums told me it was the best soulsborne made ever ???

>pc

cope. PC has always been the worst platform for elden ring, and ever since Demon Soul's, playstation has been the home of its fanbase

>people stop playing a linear, effectively single player game months after it comes out
whoa

>People stop playing single player games after 1-3 playthroughs
Woah...

DS3 has very little original content.

Souls vet here, this is my take on things as someone who has obsessively played the shit out of DeS and DaS1 since their respective launches on PS3.

Concepts:

>New Firelink Shrine (DaS3) == The Nexus (DeS)
The resemblance is fucking stunning if you've ever played DeS. Lord Thrones are in the exact same alignment that the archstones are, surrounding where you spawn in, with multiple levels of height within the area accessible by curved staircases.

>Lothric Castle (DaS3) == Boletaria Castle (DeS)
You start the game here, and the climax of the game is here (fighting twin princes/false king allant).

>Karla (DaS3) == Yuria the Witch (DeS)
Karla teaches forbidden hex magic/miracles/pyromancies that channel the power and rage of the abyss, Yuria the Witch teaches forbidden magic that channel the power and rage of demon souls.

> Stormruler (DaS3) == Storm Ruler (DeS)
Used to take down mighty foes with a legendary sword found in the corresponding boss arenas. Yhorm and the Storm King are basically the same type of "puzzle boss" until you find the sword.

Mechanics:

> FP (DaS3) == MP (DeS)
Literally the same exact shit.

> Rolling
Functions the same exact way as DeS, because med rolling was buffed so fucking hard that the difference between fast roling and med rolling is so small that staying right under the fat roll minimum is required for every build.

Case-in-point, DaS3 is super fucking stale for veterans who have been with the series since DeS in 2009/2010. It's literally because the game is around 50% recycled DaS content, 30% recycled DeS content, 10% recycled bloodborne content, and 10% original content.

Attached: ds3 is shit 1.webm (1920x1080, 2.89M)

Yes and? It's an perpetual online service game. You want them to add marketplaces and non stop nickel and dime dlc?
You cancerous little faggot.

>the game is doing worse than every other comparable game but im coping so woah
woah

>soulsbornerino
Fucking kill yourself

zoom zoom

holy shit it still has 10% of its initial players 6 months after release?
thats crazy good

Attached: ds3 is shit 2.webm (747x420, 2.89M)

Only 25% has beaten it though.

not for a souls game

I honestly haven't decided if I dislike ER or DS3 more.

>holy shit it still has 10% of its initial players 6 months after release?
No, retard. Take the calculator out.

>it's the seething DaS 2 contrarian disguising as a DeS fanatic
cringe

>singleplayer game
>dying

Attached: 15450012.gif (498x396, 3.98M)

You do realize 45k players is a pretty good amount? You do also realize it’s a (mainly) single player game with no dlc so the replay value isn’t the best for most people? I swear you retards just look at numbers and say “hurr durr numbers down so it’s bad” instead of actually thinking WHY the numbers could have gone done? Definitely can’t be because it’s half a year old, single player, isn’t pumped with constant online support, and is the steam version?

No, just a bad game. Has to be right? Numbers are down

No one beat it.

Deserved.
Game's multiplayer is completely barebones and broken (literally, you cannot be connected to another player for more than 2 minutes) compared to the previous games and the singleplayer isn't worth replaying in the slightest.

Less than 25% has one of the victory achievs.

>DS3 has 2% of its max concurrent players thats only 10% of the max concurrent of elden ring
Stay mad

Maybe now the remaining players will focus on making fun builds, and all the sweat tryhards with their IGN guide have fucked off

Do maths please. ER retains roughly 4-5% of its players currently.

Dark Souls multiplayer servers were taken down. No shit the playerbase plummeted.

>DaS 2
>released 2016

>elden cringe
>released 2022

you're not even trying

How do faggot OPs get the energy to keep making these gay threads? Is the power of faggotry that strong? Why cant it be put to use powering the grid?

Attached: ds3 is shit 3.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

kek and PC players still don't have DS1~3 to play

>Elden Ring has lost over 90% of its players

Who cares. People beat it and move on. It's not meant to retain players as long as they can like some live service garbage.

Attached: nothing.jpg (204x247, 8.93K)

It is, people just moved on after finishing it

ok and?

That's just the average person's attention span at work.

I'm playing them just fine

Man, shazam/tortanic fags really got mindbroken by this game.

That's surprisingly high considering it's 100+ hours long? 356% of players beat Stray and that game can be finished in about 4 hours tops.

>snoys one of the most retarded group of people that plague this world and the gaming community enjoy the game the most.
It adds up.

>356%
Lmao, meant to type 35%

Most people don't finish games, especially hyped releases like elden ring?

>expects players to play the same game forever
I can't wait for summer to be over. The absolute state.

What exactly did you expect to happen when people finish a game?

I've heard most people stopped playing Super Mario Bros 1. Never gonna make it.

probably because they saw it for what it is - dark souls game with hamfisted empty open world

Most of the world have shitty and unfitting rewards (katana from dragon?, shitty summon you will never use, consumables that are pretty much useless) and while locations do look nice most of them lack anything that would force to explore them differently than the others which makes game look.

I have completed it and most of the bosses are boring anime spammers

Attached: mad phantom.jpg (1003x852, 455.39K)

They never beat it, hence ERfags main argument of "le completed singleplayer game!" Doesn't hold up.

you don't have to complete a game to stop playing it

It's not 100 hours lmao

So right, you can also drop it like a turd.

The game released in February. How long do you expect people to play it? Stop being a twat and offering rent free space to it.

>Most people don't finish games, especially hyped releases like elden ring?
Are you confused, child? Why are you ending your statements with ??????? ?

I don't particularly love ER but
>empty open world
You haven't played the game. The world is filled to the brim with stuff to do and find. If anything there's way too much content.
It does have issues, but being "empty" sure ain't one if them

So why is Any Forums so obsessed with player counts?