I built a PC

I built a PC.
Took 11 hours
At least now I can play some 3D games.
It didn't boot up after I wired and screwed everything and almost wanted to suicide, rage shutdown/restart fixed it.

Attached: 1633058976871.jpg (4032x2268, 1.95M)

nevermind
I restarted and now it won't boot

Probably just a loose plug. Make sure they click in.
Is it beeping? Does it just do nothing?

Congrats user, what are your specs?
when I made mine I was literally sweating bullets because I kept thinking static electricity would fry everything

Why did it take you so long? I never did it myself but in theory it's a way less-time consuming thing.

Unplug everything from the mobo. Plug it back in. That is usually the issue.

nice try retard. how would you be posting?

NTA but my first PC took me a day and a half to build because I started at night on a Monday.

keyboard lights up, mouse lights up, everything inside the case is normal. the monitor isn't detecting the hdmi or something
it's plugged into the graphics card

>kept thinking static electricity would fry everything

I've built my own and three of my mates their PC's six years ago, recently I decided to upgrade my cpu which costed me 520$ and I think static just killed my new cpu also somehow managed to kill one of my ram sticks too, first time dealing with static what a bummer.

I upgraded my motherboard's bios and all so I think it's a static issue.

I'm literally posting from my phone

Attached: 20220807_031433.jpg (4032x2268, 3.42M)

if the mobo has onboard graphics, try plugging the monitor into it.
your graphics card might not be installed correctly.

everyone struggles to get it right the first time. after a couple of times you can do it blind with your hands tied behind your asscheeks to your ballsack

>upgraded
Updated*

>took 11hours
>legit took me 2 hours my first try
what the fuck are you smoking while making your pc, it must be wuite good.

I hit my pc with static once, the only consequence was reset of BIOS, maybe I was lucky.

Goddamn phoneposter
Anyway good luck and remember the power cable for the graphics card.

i have the same cooler, very nice but it ended being a bit overkill.

Let me guess. AMD CPU.

your mobo should have some debug lights on it.
although it sounds like you didnt plug in the gpu correctly. I would also start with only 1 piece of RAM and swap em out on failure. It is quite common to get a falty one these days.
Godspeed.

>mfw my friend build his first pc and he build everything right but kept plugging his monitor into his motherboard instead of the graphics card

Attached: 0peon.jpg (561x604, 54.88K)

>unplug hdmi from monitor
>plug it into mobo hdmi
>nothing happens
>shut down and restart
>still nothing
>switch hdmi cable from mobo to gpu again
>monitor detects it.
I dont get it

Are we posting? Newer mobos still beep right?

read the debug leds on your board when you boot up. if its always going to normal boot (depends on the board most will do a green light or something but if you have a debug led that outputs error codes all the better) and the display isn't doing anything it could just be a loose or bad hdmi cable. try another one if you can.
they do but a lot of times you don't even get the tiny speaker thing to plug into the mobo header

99% of the time "things light up but nothing is on the screen" does not mean it's an HDMI/monitor/GPU problem but your PC is not posting. It did not boot.

Many such cases, very typical of first time builds.

You haven't plugged something correctly or something is dead/defective

why are they such a bitch?
had a x570 +3700x for a friend that booted once then gave vga error, but somehow worked fine with amd cards.
my x470 +5800x displayed rtx 3080 @16x pcie3 line but never showed bios until i updated bios (despite the previous one being compatible on asus page)

only the boot led is on, and that LED is always on regardless. same as my old PC. I have noticed that things are slow to power off/on when pressing shut down/restart.

user. Look at my first post. I already booted and even posted on here. it's just something fucky with the monitor(lg 1080p 60hz) and gpu combo (rtx 3060)
The monitor is taking too long to detect the gpu and I cant seem to see any BIOS screen either

I can never get this "glass window" zoomer thing
Why would you need to look inside the computer?