Why was it forgotten?

why was it forgotten?
it's not a bad game, i would argue it's a pretty good
fantastic soundtrack
fun sense of humor
allows the player to make extremely overpowered characters
a nice engaging story that doesn't take itself super serious but has some meat to its bones with a few very developed charaters.
2 full expansions released after
created by a respected huge studio
backed by microsoft

and
there's nothing
no buzz, no hype, no real lasting impact to our culture.
Pathfinder/divinty/BG3 have zero trouble keeping relevance as CRPGs and fallout wastelands successor is extreme normie shit
why is that?

Attached: d07fdf6d-e4da-4242-8dd2-844c561f3e6d.jpg (1920x1080, 314.81K)

It's one of those tRPGs where you need to lean on all kinds of cheese to melt the enemy before they get to move, because your units are way squishier than theirs
Plus the character customization (a very popular feature these days) is fucking awful, the textures all look like rubber covered in oil, the gear design is pretty ugly, and it's just a worse RPG in general than Wasteland 2.
No more picking up the radio to inform HQ you're still breathing, no autistically deciding which squad member is talking.

The soundtrack is phenomenal though

Bethesda makes boatloads of money and if you make videos about Skyrim or fallout you get a billion views
nobody will care about your wasteland 3 coverage

>made in unity
no thank you

It's because fallout 4 was better than fallout 1 and 2. This game is simply behind the times.

it's not a dumb normalfag game like pathfinder and div os, of course no one plays it. people like the idea of crpgs, not the effort that goes into playing them.

pathfinder and div are 100% crpgs and have more options in them than wasteland user?

>pathfinder
Pure woke garbage, so of course it's popular.

I played the game with all my team using heavy machine gun for a full on Rambo team. I was running low on ammo after like past halfway through the game but at that point I was able to get some legendary guns for AR and Submachine guns with shit loads of ammo that it never became an issue after.

Game was pretty fun. Wished it was a bit longer. It scratches your fallout 1and 2 itch but its not terrible. Probably around a 6/10

I feel like the way the party mechanics are implemented undermines the roleplaying aspect since it's trivial to produce a team that can cover all bases as far as skill checks go and this kills a lot of the replay value and makes it more of a psuedo xcom in practice only not nearly as tight, I also feel like the setting is too silly to really engage with emotionally and suffers from tonal whiplash when it tries to present some sort of ethical problem straight faced like I'm meant to care when a bunch of clown larpers are running a marketplace just down the road.

Wasteland 2 had the same problem actually.

I have a simple reason for me which was that game never received SeriesX upgrades.

>I also feel like the setting is too silly to really engage with emotionally and suffers from tonal whiplash when it tries to present some sort of ethical problem straight faced like I'm meant to care when a bunch of clown larpers are running a marketplace just down the road.
that is fair i remember i didn't try wasteland 2 for years because it had toaster repair and that just sounded to le epic funni for my taste.
fallout does similar things but idk its humor is mostly references which you can kind of just phase out of your brain as Non canon.
3's ronald Regian cult was just too much, it wasn't really funny. it could have been if it was more subtle, but it was just so hol hog about it I felt like i was playing borderlands the entire time.
i weirdly couldn't see a fallout game do something like that and they have shit like this

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 25.02K)

I feel like the presentation is a lot bleaker in fallout, which lets it sell this stuff better, the comedy feels exceptional rather than the rule.

This is less the case for Fallout 2 but I don't really like that game either.

I played it but it got kind of stale after a while. There is also such a thing as too much grimdark

What you mean forgotten, it was an ok game and it sold reasonably well, i'm sure a Wasteland 4 will be made.
Although their story is kind of weak, it's like a washed out Fallout, they should make it more original, but that's a feat, considering the garbage writers that are available.

The only game of this type that gets hype is Xcom, and that's only because of it's pedigree.

>The only game of this type that gets hype is Xcom, and that's only because of it's pedigree.
And they still haven't managed to make a game as good as the original.

eh enemy within is pretty good dude

Yeah sure it's pretty good, the original was a masterpiece and none of the other games measure up.

Just think about how much work it took one guy to make an accurate open source clone of the original game without the source code.

>2 full expansions released after
how are they
only played the base game (multiple times)

Steeltown is more or less on the same level as the base game, but the gameplay is shit if you play non-lethal.
Holy Detonation is a rushed piece of shit with shit gameplay. Don't touch it.

The weak start to W2 soured most players and people don't want to pick up a series at 3. A shame really.

Attached: tiresome.jpg (750x423, 38.91K)

Witcher 1 and 2 were honestly pretty shit though and 3 is still extremely popular.