Are videogames addictive and unhealthy?

Are videogames addictive and unhealthy?
I'm not talking about all of those bullshit boomer studies; is there any proof they help or damage the people that play them?
I'm not gonna stop playing Vidya anyways, but I'm curious because there is a lot of crap around it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1NbBpp90coQ&ab_channel=mattreichling
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

like all mediums depends on what games you play
if its mostly puzzle games, well written games, games that require a lot of skill and cognitive abilities then its good for you while shitty brain poison skinner box gacha games with shitton of 0.0001% waifu rolls will turn you into a retard

The companies want you to keep buying and playing. To do that, they had to pour millions into research and data-harvesting to see how to make people addicted. It's worse than drugs, since it also removes your will to do anything.
As a kid you never got angry, but playing games -> you do get angry and that affects your whole life(reduces the severity of negative events needed to anger you).
Even W.H.O. declared gaming a mental illness.
I can go on, but you can find tons on search engines.
Gaming is evil. Try to prove me wrong.

What a retarded kid trying to play WOW with a controller

Vidya will ruin your life if you spend 16 hours a day every day doing nothing but vidya, but that goes for most things.

youtube.com/watch?v=1NbBpp90coQ&ab_channel=mattreichling
Still good.

Attached: 1659431845968513.jpg (1092x1092, 469.59K)

I'm willing to admit they have flaws, but I wouldn't trust the WHO saying gaming is a mental illness when at the same time they say transgenderism isn't

It's possible now to play it with a controller

It was "Gaming addiction" specifically, not gaming in general.

Video games can be addictive, but I think it's more to do with the person like people who are prone to addiction will have an easier time getting their hands on video game and at a younger age then say gambling or smoking.

we're just in another era, video games are part of that paradigm of life, it didn't exist before and previous generations viewed it as an issue as it disrupted what they viewed as normal (and people hate change), but it'll just be a normal part of life as once boyscouts, sports or whatever boomer hobby they had before

Anything has the potential to destroy your life if it's the only thing you do.
Moderation is key, even in gaming.

>Oh no, if I spend 16 hours a day every day doing nothing but playing vidya I might not become a slave at Goldsteins corporation and I might not pay for a membership at Schlomoberg Gym and I might not give Stacy non-stop attention like all the hundreds of other incels trying trying to get just a crump of pussy by upholding the entirety of civilization for her.

Oh well.
*boots Playstation 5*

What skills do you get from playing video games? Do those skills help you make your life better? Do other hobbies or works of your job make you better at those skills?

Define 'life'. If your definition of life is to serve another person or group of people, then your definition is invalid.

Video games are fun so they make my life better
Cope, I don't need to produce products for richer people to be happy.

so you can live your life on your own without any help of others?

fun is a subjective word it can mean anything

>Any Forums

Partially yes, is it gonna be easy, no.
Is it fullproof, nah
Can you do it, yes

hand eye coordination, reaction time increased, depending on what type of person you are you might also learn how to work togheter with others.

All I know is every boomer I knew growing up just came home from work and mindlessly watched the shit box. It would be years before guides existed in cable boxes and they just mindlessly flipped channels waiting to find something worth watching.

Boomers are awful in many ways but they survived well enough doing a never more braindead activity.